Each week, this important article will provide the standings, power rankings, and recent transactions for every league member. Not only will you see the latest claims in the league (which will show you what horses might be up-and-coming), but you will also get updates on the runners as they prepare for their next starts along the Kentucky Derby Trail. Let’s check out all the latest transactions and scoring updates:
|Ranking||Team||Score||Current Team Members|
|1||Jon White/Ryan Stillman||195||Improbable, Omaha Beach, War of Will, Maximum Security, Alwaysmining|
|2||Paul "Free Beers" Withrow||152||Game Winner, Super Steed, US Navy Cross, Anothertwistafate, Roadster|
|3||Brandon "B$" Bauer||151||Haikal, Galilean, So Alive, Tacitus, Global Campaign|
|4||Aaron Halterman||131||Mucho Gusto, Gunmetal Gray, Long Range Toddy, Bankit, Cornacchia|
|5||The Fans: Austin and Bones||91||Vekoma, Sueno, Tax, Owendale, Mihos|
|6||Patrick "Mad Dog" Meagher||86||Signalman, Code of Honor, Elvis, Knicks Go, Rowayton|
|7||Mike "Saratoga Slim" Spector||57||Instagrand, Kingly, Mind Control, Dream Maker, Dessman|
|8||Jared Welch||36||Country House, Gun It, Spinoff, Intrepid Heart, Gray Attempt|
|9||The Magic Mike Show||27||Mucho, Limonite, Plus Que Parfait, Well Defined, Walking Thunder|
|10||Dan "Wise Dan" Waite||5||Standard Deviation, By My Standards, Win Win Win, Bourbon War, Nolo Contesto|
There are no claims to announce this week.
The “Power Rankings” from now on will feature teams’ odds to win the contest, as well as an update on every horse on a team. Here we go:
1. Jon White/Ryan Stillman (9/5)
- Hidden Scroll – He set too fast of a pace in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2), finishing fourth. If he learns to rate, he can still be very dangerous.
- Improbable – A solid second in the Rebel Stakes (G2) should have him ready to roll in his next start.
- War of Will – He runs this weekend in the Louisiana Derby (G2), where he should be favored to win his fourth straight race.
- Omaha Beach – The Rebel Stakes (G2) winner proved that he is for real with a hard fought nose victory.
- Maximum Security – He looks to jump up in class in a big way for a start in the Florida Derby (G1).
2. Aaron Halterman (3/1)
- Mucho Gusto – We’ll see if Bob Baffert can get back on the winning side of things with this colt in the Sunland Derby (G3).
- Gunmetal Gray – An average performance in the Rebel Stakes (G2) was about what you should expect from him.
- Long Range Toddy – His Rebel Stakes (G2) upset over Improbable has this team in first place in the points standings.
- Bankit – We’ll see if he can run any better this weekend in the Louisiana Derby (G2).
- Cornacchia – After scratching out of an allowance race at Fair Grounds in mid-February, he posted his first work on March 15.
3. Paul “Free Beers” Withrow (4/1)
- Game Winner – His Rebel Stakes (G2) effort was valiant in defeat. He’ll move forward off of that race in a big way.
- Super Steed – Bone bruising has forced him off of the Kentucky Derby Trail.
- US Navy Cross – He’s posted several works in a row, but no public plans for a race have been made at this time.
- Anothertwistafate – The Sunland Derby (G3) will be his proving ground this weekend as he moves back to the dirt.
- Roadster – A sharp allowance victory has him pointing towards the Santa Anita Derby (G1).
4. Brandon “B$” Bauer (6/1)
- Galilean – His Rebel Stakes (G2) effort was good enough to keep him on the Kentucky Derby Trail.
- Haikal – The Gotham Stakes (G3) winner is safely in the Kentucky Derby. Now, he’s pointed towards the Wood Memorial (G2).
- So Alive – We are awaiting details of where he plans to run next.
- Tacitus – A perfect ride by Jose Ortiz earned him top honors in the Tampa Bay Derby (G2).
- Global Campaign – A minor injury suffered in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) has forced him off of the Kentucky Derby trail.
5. Patrick “Mad Dog” Meagher (10/1)
- Code of Honor – His huge win in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) was solid, while he now points towards the Florida Derby (G1).
- Signalman – It’s on to the Blue Grass Stakes (G2) after a poor effort in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2).
- Knicks Go – We can close the book on him after a terrible Gotham Stakes (G3) performance.
- Rowayton – This colt is training very well leading up to his first start in 2019, though no specific plans have been announced.
- Elvis – His debut race was… BAD.
6. Mike “Saratoga Slim” Spector (10/1)
- Instagrand – A poor effort in the Gotham Stakes (G3) has many wondering if he could be more of a sprinter.
- Kingly – After his second-place effort in the El Camino Real Derby, he might get another shot at a prep race soon.
- Mind Control – He looked like a winner in the Gotham Stakes (G3); however, he had to settle for second.
- Dream Maker – His Tampa Bay Derby (G2) was a total flop.
- Dessman – After breaking slowly, he still ran well to finish second in an allowance race at Oaklawn Park.
7. Jared Welch (12/1)
- Country House – He will try to turn the tables on War of Will this weekend in the Louisiana Derby (G2).
- Gun It – It’s hard to guess what might happen next for this disappointing colt; most likely, it will be an allowance race.
- Spinoff – This flashy Todd Pletcher colt will try his hand in the Louisiana Derby (G2) this weekend.
- Intrepid Heart – Pletcher said that this horse is ultimately being pointed towards the Belmont Stakes (G1).
- Gray Attempt – A minor injury has forced him to miss some time; however, he could be back for the Arkansas Derby. (G1).
8. Dan “Wise Dan” Waite (20/1)
- Bourbon War – His fast-closing second in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) was ultra-impressive.
- Mr. Money – He needs a big bounce-back race after a poor showing in the Risen Star (G2). He’ll run this weekend in the Louisiana Derby (G2).
- Win Win Win – His third place finish in the Tampa Bay Derby (G2) wasn’t horrible considering he had a very wide trip.
- Standard Deviation – It look like the Belmont Stakes (G1) is his ultimate goal.
- Nolo Contesto – A recent poor allowance effort in sloppy conditions was discouraging; however, he will still point for a prep race in his next start.
9. The Magic Mike Show (99/1)
- Mucho – His strong 2019 debut in an allowance apparently wasn’t enough to for his connections to attempt the Kentucky Derby trail. He is now targeting a 7-furlong sprint at Aqueduct on the Wood Memorial (G2) undercard.
- Well Defined – The pace killed him in the Tampa Bay Derby (G2).
- Walking Thunder – The UAE Derby (G2) is still in play for a horse who has shown plenty of talent.
- Limonite – This recent claim did not pan out well when he was a non-factor in the Risen Star Stakes (G2), but he is on target to make his second start of 2019 in the Louisiana Derby (G2).
- Plus Que Parfait – He is now pointed towards the UAE Derby (G2) for his next start.
10. The Fans: Austin and Bones (99/1)
- Vekoma – His third-place effort in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) was likely good enough for his connections to give it another go in a prep event.
- Mihos – An injury has forced him off the Kentucky Derby Trail.
- Tax – We’ll see him again in the Wood Memorial (G2).
- Sueno – He’s entered this weekend in the Louisiana Derby (G2).
- Owendale – Following a poor performance in the Risen Star Stakes (G2), he is being considered for the Lexington Stakes (G3).