1. Palace Malice – Gearing up for a run in the Whitney Handicap on August 2nd. Will Saratoga treat him well once again?
2. Wise Dan – It looks like he’s making a full recovery and will be back to the races this summer. Will he return with the same ability?
3. Moonshine Mullin – The training job by Randy Morse has been nothing short of amazing with Moonshine! Five straight victories including the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.
4. Will Take Charge – His effort in the Stephen Foster was an improvement…perhaps he’s ready for a big Summer.
5. Game On Dude – Threw in another dud performance in the Gold Cup. They are starting to happen more often now.
Sleeper: Lea – Finally back on the workout tab…look out.
1. Close Hatches – New leader of this division is now three for three including an exciting win in the Ogden Phipps.
2. Princess of Sylmar – She was just a nose away from taking over the number one spot as she was just edged out by Close Hatches.
3. Beholder – She’s much better than her Ogden Phipps effort and will regroup.
4. Midnight Lucky – Freakish type sprinter may not be able to go two turns, but has ability.
5. Iotapa – Seems to always run a big one at some point…can she string a few together?
Sleeper: Dreaming of Julia – If she ever makes it back in good form we don’t know how good she could end up being…
3 Year Old Males
1. California Chrome – Was still decent in defeat, and CLEARY is the leader of the division heading into the summer.
2. Tonalist – Gutsy effort to win the Belmont by horse that has gotten through some set backs and now might be ready to really shine.
3. Danza – Injured, but still ranks ahead of the others in my opinion. Will be hard to hold onto this spot.
4. Wicked Strong – Not the greatest of runs for him at the Belmont, but still might have a decent summer.
5. Ride On Curlin – Was a non-factor in the Belmont, but still had a solid Triple Crown and prep season. Needs to find himself a win soon.
Sleeper: Bobby’s Kitten – Huge Penn Mile victory could be sign of a huge summer turf campaign.
3 Year Old Females
1. Untapable – She’s really good…and the rest are really bad.
2. My Miss Sophia – Ran poorly in the Acorn but her resume is still better than the ones below her.
3. Unbridled Forever – Was able to hit the board in both big races at Churchill and Belmont but is majorly below the top one in here.
4. Size – Up and coming horse looked pretty solid in the Iowa Oaks. Must step up against tougher next time though.
5. Stopchargingmaria – Looks like she’s rounding back into form, which could make her dangerous to everyone on this list except for Untapable.
Sleeper: Rosalind – Has shown a decent amount of talent and could improve.
1. Goldencents – Thought his Met Mile race showed he was back in a big way! No disgrace losing to Palace Malice.
2. Work All Week – This horse is nothing short of incredible. Who can beat him? Can an Illinois be the top sprinter in the country? Maybe…
3. Bayern – Could be this year’s version of Goldencents as a three year old. His Woody Stephens wins was FREAKISH.
4. Declassify – What a courageous effort to win the Triple Bend last weekend. Not sure he’s as talented as some, but will fight until the end.
5. Secret Circle – It’s been a long time since we’ve seen him…don’t know what’s up with him.
Sleeper: Delaunay – He ran a great race in the Iowa Sprint Handicap, just couldn’t beat Work All Week.