This Saturday at Gulfstream Park a talented field of 3-year-olds is expected to clash in an allowance race. Among the starters is a horse named BLAME GAME that many are looking forward to watching. A lot of people think this horse has a chance to be a contender on this year’s Triple Crown trail so I decided to do some research on Blame Game myself to determine whether or not he has a chance to compete.
The results of my research are very promising and I have compiled a list of cliff notes for those who are interested in getting to know more about the horse and why he just might be a Triple Crown trail contender:
I. BLAME GAME CONNECTIONS (FIVE THINGS TO KNOW)
- Blame Game is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Alto Racing, LLC.
- The men behind Alto Racing, LLC are Alto Racing’s Eddie Harrell, a Houston oil tycoon, and Gil Moutray, a banking executive.
- Alto Racing, LLC has been known to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on promising horses in the sales ring. Paying six digits or more for a horse is a common occurrence at the major sales for Alto Racing, LLC.
- Some of the most notable horses they have campaigned include stakes winners:
– Sweet Whiskey
– Winning Cause
– Peace Preserver
But perhaps the stable received its biggest amount of publicity and attention in 2012 for their colt Archwarrior. Based on his exciting classic pedigree and sizzling morning workouts at Saratoga Archwarrior was being touted as a potential superstar before he ever raced.
- Co-owner Gil Moutraysaid in an HRTV interview that he has been trying to buy some “class A horses to go to the classics”. With that in mind its fair to assume that when Eddie and Gil purchased Blame Game they purchased him with the Triple Crown races as their goal.