Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2019 Divisional Rankings! Each week for the whole year, we will rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my latest NTRA Top 10 Poll:
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll of the season. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. With the year now more than half over, we’ve started to get a good feel for the top horses in the country. Here’s what my latest Top 10 poll looked like:
1. Bricks and Mortar
4. Midnight Bisou
5. World of Trouble
8. Maximum Security
9. Imperial Hint
1. Bricks and Mortar – He picked up yet another victory in the Arlington Million Stakes (G1). This is easily the Horse of the Year at the moment.
2. McKinzie – A big-time win in the Whitney Stakes (G1) moves him up the list in a major way.
3. City of Light – His Pegasus World Cup (G1) win will end up being one of the best races that we see all year long.
4. Vino Rosso – He was third in the Whitney Stakes (G1) most recently but is undoubtedly better when running longer.
5. Catalina Cruiser – He’s come back with two big wins in 2019, including the San Diego Handicap (G2) for the second straight year. He’ll attempt to defend his Pat O’Brien Stakes (G2) title this Saturday.
Sleeper: Yoshida – He finally woke up with a nice performance, finishing second in the Whitney Stakes (G1).
1. Sistercharlie – This is a world class turf horse who needs to be recognized at the highest level. She might be the best horse in training right now.
2. Midnight Bisou – She moves down a spot, though she has done absolutely nothing wrong – Sistercharlie is just that good. She could move back up to the top spot with another win over Elate when they face off in the Personal Ensign Stakes (G1) this weekend.
3. Elate – The Delaware Handicap (G2) proved that she is back to her top form, giving her two straight powerful victories. She will take on top rival Midnight Bisou in the Personal Ensign Stakes (G1) this weekend.
4. Got Stormy – Winning two stakes at Saratoga in a span of seven days easily makes this horse one of the top females, especially when one of the wins was the Fourstardave Handicap (G1) against the boys.
5. Rushing Fall – There is no disgrace in finishing second to her stablemate Sistercharlie in the Diana Stakes (G1). She was scheduled to return in the Ballston Spa Stakes (G2) this weekend before a subpar workout removed her from consideration.
Sleeper: Monomoy Girl – We haven’t seen her run this year, and there is no word on when she might make her next start, but she belongs here based on class and talent. On July 14, she finally returned to trainer Brad Cox’s barn and has reportedly been working up a storm.
1. Maximum Security – He left no doubt with an impressive victory in the Haskell Invitational Stakes (G1), but after not being ready for the Travers Stakes (G1), his next start is up in the air.
2. Mr. Money – His win in the West Virginia Derby (G3) gives him four straight victories. Now, will he try tougher company?
3. Shancelot – After his amazing win in the Amsterdam Stakes (G2), it’s hard to deny that he could end up being the best in this division.
4. Omaha Beach – He’s pointing to make his long-awaited return in the Awesome Again Stakes (G1) at Santa Anita Park at the end of September. Making the Breeder’s Cup Classic remains his ultimate goal, but he may run out of time.
5. Tax – Winning the Jim Dandy Stakes (G2) earned him a spot in the rankings. He has always been a consistent horse.
Sleeper: Game Winner – He easily won the Los Alamitos Derby (G3) but his next start is up in the air after a virus kept him from making the Travers Stakes (G1) field.
1. Guarana – A win around two turns in the Coaching Club American Oaks (G1) makes her the top horse in this division by a decent margin.
2. Dunbar Road – Her Alabama Stakes (G1) triumph was a major step towards winning this division. Her stablemate is all that stands in the way.
3. Serengeti Empress – It was another great race from her in the Test Stakes (G1); however, she lost once again. She needs a win soon to stay near the top of the rankings.
4. Covfefe – Her Test Stakes (G1) win moves up her the list, with the chance to gain even more ground if she can consistently show those kind of efforts.
5. Point of Honor – The Alabama Stakes (G1) did not go her way; however, she deserves credit for finishing second in both that race and the Coaching Club American Oaks (G1).
Sleeper: Bellafina – A return to California might be what she needs to get back to top form. Her Test Stakes (G1) effort was disappointing.
1. World of Trouble – The amazing World of Trouble rolled again at Belmont Park in the Jaipur Invitational Stakes (G1).
2. Mitole – The Met Mile (G1) was the race of the year so far, but he followed that up by losing the Vanderbilt Handicap (G1). It was his first in eight starts, but he gets a pass after getting stuck on a dead rail.
3. X Y Jet – He finally got his Golden Shaheen (G1) victory in Dubai after coming so close in previous years.
4.Imperial Hint – He’s back in a major way after setting a track record in his Vanderbilt Handicap (G1) victory.
5. Promises Fulfilled – His John A. Nerud Stakes (G2) win earned him an automatic berth in the Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1).
Sleeper: Cistron – He may be a cut below the best horses in this division, but his Bing Crosby Stakes (G1) win was nice.
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
The Racing Dudes take a closer look and dish out… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss the latest updates for… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude go through their brackets in a… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Louisiana Derby (G2) from Fair Grounds,… Read More
Welcome to the 2023 Kentucky Derby Rankings! Each week leading… Read More
Brad Cox trainee The Alys Look faces off against the… Read More
Aaron reviews last week’s Racing Dudes Rocket Picks to analyze… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!