1. Palace Malice – After his awesome display in the Met Mile there is no questioning who the top older male is at this point. There are many huge races left in this division, but Palace Malice now holds an edge over his rivals heading into the summer.
2. Game On Dude – Quietly back in California where he’s preparing for another big summer at Santa Anita and Del Mar.
3. Wise Dan – Status is unknown after his recent bout with colic. Hopefully he can make a return to the races sooner rather than later.
4. Will Take Charge – Redemption time for him this week in the Stephen Foster. A win could move him up the list.
5. Revolutionary – Faces Will Take Charge in the Stephen Foster this week in what will be a big class test.
Sleeper: Lea – Remember him? No works in a long time for the winner of the Donn Handicap.
1. Close Hatches – New leader of this division is now three for three including an exciting win in the Ogden Phipps.
2. Princess of Sylmar – She was just a nose away from taking over the number one spot as she was just edged out by Close Hatches.
3. Beholder – She’s much better than her Ogden Phipps effort and will regroup.
4. On Fire Baby – She looks even better this week considering she lost close races to Close Hatches twice.
5. Midnight Lucky – Freakish type sprinter may not be able to go two turns, but has ability.
Sleeper: Dreaming of Julia – If she ever makes it back in good form we don’t know how good she could end up being…
3 Year Old Males
1. California Chrome – Was still decent in defeat, and CLEARY is the leader of the division heading into the summer.
2. Tonalist – Gutsy effort to win the Belmont by horse that has gotten through some set backs and now might be ready to really shine.
3. Danza – Injured, but still ranks ahead of the others in my opinion. Will be hard to hold onto this spot.
4. Wicked Strong – Not the greatest of runs for him at the Belmont, but still might have a decent summer.
5. Ride On Curlin – Was a non-factor in the Belmont, but still had a solid Triple Crown and prep season. Needs to find himself a win soon.
Sleeper: Bobby’s Kitten – Huge Penn Mile victory could be sign of a huge summer turf campaign.
3 Year Old Females
1. Untapable – So much the best here that it isn’t even funny.
2. My Miss Sophia – Ran poorly in the Acorn but her resume is still better than the ones below her.
3. Unbridled Forever – Was able to hit the board in both big races at Churchill and Belmont but is majorly below the top one in here.
4. Sweet Reason – Definitely a one turn horse, but a good one. Great win in the Acorn.
5. Stopchargingmaria – Looks like she’s rounding back into form, which could make her dangerous to everyone on this list except for Untapable.
Sleeper: Rosalind – Has shown a decent amount of talent and could improve.
1. Goldencents – Thought his Met Mile race showed he was back in a big way! No disgrace losing to Palace Malice.
2. Bayern – Could be this year’s version of Goldencents as a three year old. His Woody Stephens wins was FREAKISH.
3. Secret Circle – Who knows what is going on with this one….still think he’s better than anyone when healthy.
4. Shakin It Up – Consistent runner continues to show up for all the big races.
5. Central Banker – Had to scratch from the Met Mile, but don’t forget about him.
Sleeper: Delaunay – Hasn’t come back quite the same but did have a recent stakes win at Churchill Downs. Could be rounding into form.