Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL – Winner of 2020’s first race for juveniles, Arindel homebred Quinoa Tifah will try for a second “first” – the new year’s first stakes for 3-year-old fillies, Friday’s $75,000 Cash Run at Gulfstream Park.
The Cash Run is a one-turn dirt mile restricted to 3-year-old fillies. This year’s edition is the penultimate event on an 11-race card and has a local post time of 4:42 PM.
( Content Continues Below Ad )
Here’s a look at the full field for the Cash Run:
1. Shea D Summer 5/2 – The only undefeated runner in the field broke her maiden going 6 furlongs over this course in October and dominated the 6 1/2-furlong Juvenile Fillies Sprint Stakes at Gulfstream Park West a month later. Both of those came against Florida-breds so the waters get deeper, but this super-speedy filly could get brave if allowed to dictate her own pace.
2. Gulf Coast 4/1 – She broke her maiden by a rallying 1/2-length on debut at Indiana Grand, then closed from well off to finish second in the Sandpiper Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs. She stretches out after those 6-furlong dirt sprints, but she would love a hot pace and should come flying late under the nation’s leading rider Irad Ortiz Jr., who hops aboard for the first time.
3. Adios Trippi 20/1 – She makes her first start with trainer Peter Walder and for new owners who privately purchased her following a 4-length maiden-breaking score routing at Parx in early October. That was her second career start after being unable to keep pace in a 5 1/2-furlong sprint at Delaware Park, but she should have no trouble cutting back slightly in distance here.
4. Sky Proposal 12/1 – She stretches out slightly after finishing over 12 lengths behind Shea D Summer in the Juvenile Fillies Sprint. Her 2 prior victories came going 5 1/2 and 6 furlongs, but she used different running tactics each time, so at least she gives jockey Paco Lopez plenty of options as he hops aboard for the fourth time.
5. Lucifers Lair 7/2 – She reappears for the first time since being eased across the line last in August’s Adirondack Stakes (G2) at Saratoga. She’s worked consistently well for trainer Todd Pletcher, who hits at 20% with runners returning from similar layoffs. She’ll have the services of new jockey Edgard Zayas, who connects at 26% with the Pletcher barn.
6. Quinoa Tifah 6/1 – The only stakes winner in the field accomplished that feat wiring a sloppy edition of the Our Dear Peggy, a local 7-furlong sprint that saw the runner-up win her next start with a 74 Beyer Speed Figure. She failed to finish better than fourth in her 3 other stakes tries, but she has excuses: 2 of those came on turf and the third was a Grade 3 off a layoff.
7. Orbs Baby Girl 15/1 – Perhaps it was the experience or maybe she loved Gulfstream Park, but she broke her maiden in a 7-furlong sprint over the local dirt last month after failing at Monmouth Park and Belmont Park. The winner of the latter, Malathaat, subsequently won 2 stakes including the Demoiselle (G2) and is considered an early Kentucky Oaks (G1) contender.
8. Gladys 12/1 – She broke her maiden at second asking, taking a 1-mile route over a sloppy Gulfstream Park West main track by 3 lengths on October 25. A full sister to the Hall of Famer Rachel Alexandra, she has the pedigree to succeed in this spot and trainer Kelsey Danner connects at 24% with jockey Angel Arroyo, the only race rider this Medaglia d’Oro filly has ever known.
9. Honorifique 5/1 – She broke her maiden last time out going this same one-turn mile on the Churchill Downs dirt while also drawn outside of a larger field. Tyler Gaffalione rides for the third straight start, having also piloted her to a narrow third (beaten a 1/2-length) going 1 1/16 miles at Keeneland. Gaffalione and trainer Eddie Kenneally hit at 22% together.
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $400,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude review Super Bowl LVIII & give… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude give their Super Bowl LVIII bets… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $250,000… Read More
Aaron previews the 2024 Rebel Stakes (G2) from Oaklawn Park,… Read More
Aaron previews the 2024 Honeybee Stakes (G3) from Oaklawn Park,… Read More
Michael Caruso and Michael Dubb’s Grade 2-placed multiple stakes-winner Dr… Read More
Eleven horses from Hall of Fame trainer Todd Pletcher are… Read More
Each week, get the standings, power rankings, and recent transactions for… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!