Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Each week, we rank the top 5 best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Cody’s Wish, the overally top-ranked horse in the country, will face a major test at Saratoga in the Whitney Stakes (G1) on Saturday.
Big wins last weekend from Forte & Elite Power were strong cases to take the top spots in their respective divisions, but did either horse succeed? Tell us YOUR rankings in the Comments section!
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. Here’s what my last Top 10 poll looked like:
There’s a reason we’re the #1 trusted source for premium racing picks & info.
1. Cody’s Wish – His story is amazing and a huge bright spot for racing. He just keeps winning and getting better with each start, most recently coming in the Met Mile (G1). The Whitney Stakes (G1) this weekend is next.
2. Up to the Mark – This is one of the best turf horses in the world right now after back-to-back dominant victories in the Turf Classic Stakes (G1) & the Manhattan Stakes (G1).
3. West Will Power – His win in the Stephen Foster Stakes (G1) sets him up for a big rest of the summer.
4. Rattle N Roll – He was a tough-luck second in the Stephen Foster Stakes (G1).
5. Charge It – We’ll see if he can move up the rankings this weekend in the Whitney Stakes (G1).
Sleeper: Smile Happy – He was scheduled to make his next start in the Whitney Stakes (G1) but will now miss it due to a minor injury.
1. Clairiere – She is still number one for now after 2 Grade 1 victories, but Nest made a big move towards overtaking her when beating her soundly in the Shuvee Stakes (G2).
2. Nest – The beast is back in a big way. She dusted Clairiere in the Shuvee Stakes (G2).
3. Caravel – She has always had the talent; however, now she has developed consistency. America’s best turf sprinter has beaten the boys twice this season.
4. Goodnight Olive – She made her way back to the winners circle in the Bed ‘o Roses Stakes (G2).
5. In Italian – She ran well in defeat but must move down the rankings after her recent loss.
Sleeper: Echo Zulu – She looked great in another big win at Saratoga in the Honorable Miss Stakes (G2).
2023 Jaipur Stakes Replay | Caravel Cruises To 5th Straight Win; Can Anyone In America Stop Her?
1. Forte – He fought hard to pick up a controversial win in the Jim Dandy Stakes (G2), which strengthens his hold on his top ranking.
2. Geaux Rocket Ride – He jumped up the rankings in a big way with a win in the Haskell Stakes (G1).
3. Mage – This horse shows up every time and ran well once again in the Haskell Stakes (G1) to finish second.
4. Arcangelo – His rise to stardom has been ultra-impressive, culminating in a win in the Belmont Stakes (G1).
5. National Treasure – His win in the Preakness Stakes (G1) was huge; however, he still has some proving to do.
Sleeper: Arabian Lion – The Sir Barton Stakes winner might be the best horse in the crop; however, he still has to prove he can beat big-time horses around two turns.
1. Pretty Mischievous – She is way ahead of the rest after back-to-back Grade 1 victories in the Kentucky Oaks & the Acorn Stakes.
2. Maple Leaf Mel – She was dominant in the Victory Ride Stakes (G3) and looks like the top sprinter in this division.
3. Wet Paint – Her win in the Coaching Club American Oaks (G1) has her back on track.
4. Hoosier Philly – She returned to form in the Monomoy Girl Stakes and could be a major player in the big races this summer.
5. Defining Purpose – Her Indiana Oaks (G3) victory was impressive as she seems to be improving with each start.
Sleeper: Taxed – She ran well to finish second in the Indiana Oaks (G3) despite a tough trip and set up.
2023 CCA Oaks Replay | Wet Paint Makes Her Mark At Saratoga
1. Elite Power – He put up an incredible performance in the Vanderbilt Handicap (G1) to narrowly keep his winning streak alive.
2. Gunite – He lost nothing in defeat, losing by a nose in the Vanderbilt Handicap (G1).
3. Skelly – This one is developing nicely for Asmussen & is riding a 5-race win streak.
4. The Chosen Vron – The California-bred defeated open company in the Bing Crosby Stakes (G1).
4. Fort Bragg – This horse is turning into a monster one-turn runner; however, Baffert might stretch him out again.
Sleeper: New York Thunder – He jumped onto the scene in a big way with an impressive win in the Amsterdam Stakes (G2).
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!
The Magic Mike Show guys preview the Late Pick 5… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s $1,000,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys review the weekend’s biggest stakes… Read More
The Racing Dudes team hosted a roundtable discussion & fan… Read More
Welcome to our weekly rankings of the top 5 best… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Ack Ack Stakes (G3) from Churchill… Read More
Saudi Crown won the 2023 Pennsylvania Derby (G1) at Parx… Read More
Ceiling Crusher won the 2023 Cotillion Stakes (G1) at Parx… Read More
Master of The Seas won the 2023 Woodbine Mile (G1)… Read More
Looking to cash in big?