Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY – Patricia Generazio homebred Saratoga Treasure is looking to rebound from her troubled last-out last-place effort as she enters Thursday’s $85,000 Smart N Fancy Stakes at Saratoga.
The Smart N Fancy is a 5 1/2-furlong outer turf sprint restricted to fillies and mares ages 4 and up. This year’s edition is the seventh event on a nine-race card with a local post time of 4:41 PM.
( Content Continues Below Ad )
Here is a look at the full field for the Smart N Fancy:
1. Rose Flower 4/1 – After winning 2 of her first 4 starts while running in France, she shipped to America last summer and won her second outing, a 7-furlong turf sprint against optional claiming rivals. Her 3 other stateside starts came on yielding turf (she finished third twice), and with rain forecast Thursday morning, she’s likely to find that yet again here.
“She worked well the other day,” said trainer Christophe Clement. “She had not run for a long time, but her last start was a very good race on paper. She’s doing better now; she’s training well and I’m excited to see her run”
2. Saratoga Treasure 10/1 – The New York-bred mare has always been competitive against her own kind before stepping up to the open stakes level last fall. While she’s yet to find victory in 3 starts this year, she won December’s 6-furlong Autumn Days Stakes over a yielding Aqueduct turf and is one of the few runners with proven success over giving ground.
3. Getmotherarose 6/1 – She broke through with her first stakes score in February’s mile-long Honey Fox (G3) at Gulfstream Park while earning a career-best 92 Beyer Speed Figure. She failed to win her 2 prior starts over this course and distance, but her rough trip was a valid excuse for finishing ninth in the Caress Stakes last time out.
4. A Great Time 9/2 – She has flourished since returning to turf sprints in early 2019 and has a pair of third-place finishes on her 2020 resume, including the License Fee Stakes last time out. She consistently earns Beyer Speed Figures that make her competitive and possesses good tactical speed.
5. Miss Gossip 6/1 – A pair of third-place finishes in turf sprint allowances at Churchill Downs earned her a shot in the Caress, where she was a non-threatening seventh. She was second, beaten just 1 length, in last year’s running, and all 3 of her stateside victories came at this same distance.
6. Introduced 3/1 – She won 2 straight to start her 2020 campaign and was in prime early position before fading in the stretch and finishing fourth in the Caress. Along with a 9-3-3-1 turf sprint record, she won both dirt sprint attempts, including last August’s Miss Disco Stakes at Laurel Park.
7. Peaceful 5/1 – She was a game second in her 2020 debut behind Cariba, who defeated four of these rivals in the Caress, then followed that with a gate-to-wire victory over this course and distance against allowance rivals. She seems to be the only early pace on paper, giving her an advantage as she returns to a course and distance over which she’s a perfect 2-for-2.
8. Victory Kingdom 8/1 – The Australian native makes her North American racing debut for new trainer Rudy Brisset while adding blinkers and getting Lasix for the first time. Brisset hits at 21% when his runners first add the racing hood, and with aggressive gate jockey Luis Saez getting the mount, she could be more forwardly-placed here.
“Looking back at her races in Australia, she has shown speed before, but she has also shown no speed,” Brisset said. “I’ll let Luis see how she breaks and then go from there. She has shown both in Australia.”
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
The Racing Dudes take a closer look and dish out… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss the latest updates for… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude go through their brackets in a… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Louisiana Derby (G2) from Fair Grounds,… Read More
Welcome to the 2023 Kentucky Derby Rankings! Each week leading… Read More
Brad Cox trainee The Alys Look faces off against the… Read More
Aaron reviews last week’s Racing Dudes Rocket Picks to analyze… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!