Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Willy Beamin (NY) – You win two stakes in the same week, how can you NOT be the number one star of the week? On Wednesday Willy Beamin won a New York bred stakes with ease, then TWO DAYS later comes back to win the Grade 1 King’s Bishop. Now that is spectacular! I’m sure there will be lots of speculation about how he did considering Rick Dutrow is his trainer, but Willy Beamin still deserves credit. He was claimed for $25,000 and now he’s a Grade 1 winner! It’s an incredible story, and one that’s being overlooked because of all the big races that happened this weekend. I, however, will not over look this accomplishment. He’s the number one horse of the week, and I don’t consider there to be a close second. Seriously, TWO STAKES WINS in the same week! Unheard of in today’s racing.
– 2nd Star: Love and Pride (KY) – This is not a horse I expected to be one of the stars of the week, but the winner of Sunday’s Personal Ensign certainly deserves it. I never considered Love and Pride to be honest, but she ran a great race winning in front running fashion. She got a little help when It’s Tricky stumbled HORRIBLY out of the gate, and also was helped when Royal Delta didn’t fire her best race. Regardless, it was a Grade 1 victory for Love and Pride, and also a free pass to the Breeders Cup Ladies Classic. Also, she earned a solid beyer number of 100, which puts her in the same realm as some of the top females. Love and Pride won’t be a favorite to win the Ladies Classic, but she’s certainly worthy of running in the race.
– 3rd Star: Alpha (KY) and Golden Ticket (KY) – The mile and one-quarter distance of the Travers couldn’t separate them, so how can I? The race that had lost so much steam because of injuries, fevers, and defections sure did provided us with a thrilling race after all. Golden Ticket ran the race of his life and looked to be the winner until the very end. Alpha ran solid once again, and I think his name is one that can be considered among the top five three-year olds. He’s been great in New York, and showed a lot of heart in catching up to Golden Ticket in the final strides. I’m not sold on either one of these two as “elite” horses, but they’ve both proved to be solid when running their best races. I hope both these horses remain sound, and move forward to face each other again.
– Honorable Mentions: Turbulent Descent, Sign, Contested, Optimizer, and Zagora
– Trinniberg (KY) – Big time flop from Trinniberg in the King’s Bishop. As expected he set the pace, and while the fractions were fast, they weren’t blazing. Entering the stretch you could tell he was done, as he faded to finish ninth out of ten horses. Also flopping in this race was Currency Swap, who was the favorite and finished off the board. Both deserve the “Flop of the Week” but I chose Trinniberg because he finished worse than Currency Swap.
– The P.G. Johnson Stakes – Wednesday – Two year old fillies – 1 1/16th miles (Turf) – $100,000
– The With Anticipation Stakes (Grade 2) – Thursday – Two year olds – 1 1/16th miles (Turf) – $200,000
– The Riskaverse Stakes – Friday – Three year old fillies – One Mile (Turf) – $100,000
– The Woodward Stakes (Grade 1) – Saturday – Three year olds and upward – 1 1/8th miles – $750,000
– The Forego Stakes (Grade 1) – Saturday – Three year olds and upward – Seven Furlongs – $500,000
– The Bernard Branch Stakes (Grade 2) – Saturday – Three year olds and upward – 1 1/16th miles (Turf) – $250,000
– The Spinaway Stakes (Grade 1) – Sunday – Two year old fillies – Seven Furlongs – $300,000
– The Saranac Stakes (Grade 3) – Sunday – Three year olds – 1 1/8th miles (Turf) – $150,000
– The Hopeful Stakes (Grade 2) – Monday – Two year olds – Seven Furlongs – $300,000
– The Glens Falls (Grade 3) – Monday – Fillies and Mares three-year olds and upward – 1 3/8th miles (Turf) – $150,000
The Racing Dudes preview four 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) and… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are here to give their picks… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss the latest updates for… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview four 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) prep… Read More
Forte won the 2023 Florida Derby (G1) at Gulfstream Park… Read More
Angel of Empire won the 2023 Arkansas Derby (G1) at… Read More
Wet Paint won the 2023 Fantasy Stakes (G3) at Oaklawn… Read More
Affirmative Lady won the 2023 Gulfstream Park Oaks (G2) at… Read More
Mike previews the 2023 American Stakes (G3) from Santa Anita… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!