Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Dullahan (KY) – Ok…Time for me to eat some crow. I made it very clear weeks ago that I felt like Dullahan had no chance to win the Pacific Classic. I laughed at the thought of him shipping across the country just to be an also ran. Insert FOOT into MOUTH! Wow was I wrong, and I’m man enough to admit it. Dullahan was incredible an Sunday, winning the Pacific Classic in TRACK RECORD time. He whipped the best older horses California has to offer, and to be honest it looked rather easy for him. The classic distance is no problem for him at all, as it looked like he could run around the track for another lap! Now the big question is…where does Dullahan go next? Classic or Turf Classic? Where will his prep race be? Do they try him on dirt? All are fun questions to think about, as this horse will quickly become the topic of many debates. Congrats to Dullahan and all that cashed on him, this handicapper is humbled…at least for a day or two!
– 2nd Star: Obviously (IRE) – Obviously did everything he can to hold off a charging Mr. Commons in the Del Mar Mile, as he had to run it in record time to get the job done. For much of the race this one looked like it was going to be a total blow out, as Obviously was way ahead from the rest of the field. Mr. Commons came flying late making up a ton of ground, but Obviously won the head bob at the wire. Both these horses were really sharp, and I think both can move forward and be contender in the Breeders Cup Turf Mile.
– 3rd Star: Game On Dude (KY) – Sure he finished second, but it was a solid effort by Game On Dude in the Pacific Classic. He was beaten less than a length to a horse that set the track record, and moving forward he still is the favorite for the Breeders Cup Classic. I’m not sure if it would have made a difference, but I felt he made his move a little earlier than he should have. I’m not going to call it a horrible ride, but it’s certainly not one that will get Chantal Sutherland into the Hall of Fame. Look for one more prep race for Game On Dude, then it’s on to the Classic.
– Maker Or Breaker (KY) – It’s very unfair for me to call this horse the biggest flop, but there just wasn’t a lot of good choices for this spot this week. Maker Or Breaker was a heavy favorite in an allowance last Wednesday, and was beaten finishing a close second. I wouldn’t call this a flop, as much as a learning experience. The horse had a little trouble on the turn and was bumped, which may have cost her a little. She still hung a little I thought, but look for her to come back running well next time out.
– The Generous Portion Stakes – Wednesday – CA bred fillies, two-year olds – six furlongs – $150,000
– The El Cajun Stakes – Friday – three-year olds – One Mile – $100,000
– The Harry F. Burbaker Stakes – Saturday – three-year olds and upward – One Mile – $85,000
– The Del Mar Debutante (Grade 1) – Saturday – two-year old fillies – Seven Furlongs – $300,000
– The Adoration Stakes – Sunday – fillies and mares, three-year olds and upward – One Mile – $85,000
– The Torrey Pines Stakes – Sunday – Three year old fillies – One Mile – $100,000
– The Del Mar Derby (Grade 2) – Sunday – Three year olds – 1 1/8th miles (turf) – $300,000
– The I’m Smokin Stakes – Monday – Two year old CA Breds – Six Furlongs – $150,000
– The Oak Tree Juvenile Fillies Turf – Monday – Two year old fillies – One Mile (Turf) – $100,000
– The Yellow Ribbon Handicap (Grade 2) – Monday – fillies and mares, three-year olds and upward – 1 1/16th miles (turf) – $250,000
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s Remsen… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Friday’s $600,000… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Remsen Stakes (G2) from Aqueduct, then… Read More
Vinny from Real Dynasty Picks gives his horse racing best… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Hollywood Derby (G1) from Del Mar,… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!