Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Princess of Sylmar (PA) – There is no questioning who the best three-year old filly is now…Princess of Sylmar is above and beyond them all! Saturday’s Grade 1 Alabama win was another dominating effort, as she won by almost three lengths, but it might as well have been twenty considering how she was seemingly geared down towards the end of the race. What happens next for Princess of Sylmar is a bit touchy, as she is not Breeders Cup nominated. There are talks of shutting her down for the year, or maybe running the Cotillion at Parx in September. No matter what happens next, Princess of Sylmar has left little doubt that she is a super star.
– 2nd Star: Big Blue Kitten (KY) – This was the horse that kicked off the Ramsey Grade 1 hat trick on Saturday, and he did it in stylish fashion! Using his normal come from behind tactics, Big Blue Kitten stormed from 10th around the far turn and was able to get up without much drama in the end as he won by a length on the wire. It was a nifty ride by jockey Joe Bravo, considering the pace was much slower than expected. He’s now won ten of seventeen lifetime starts, including back to back Grade 1 victories. The Ramsey’s have plenty of options for the Breeders Cup, and Big Blue Kitten may have earned a chance to go there in November.
– 3rd Star: Caroline Thomas (KY) – It was a roughly ran renewal of the Lack Placid Stakes on Sunday, and in the end it was Caroline Thomas that was declared the winner as Nellie Cashman was disqualified and placed third for interference in the stretch run. The “win” was Caroline Thomas’ first win of the year, and also the first Graded stakes win of her career. The fact the she was ran well was a surprise to many as she was coming off a very poor effort last time out in an ungraded stakes here at Saratoga. She returned $25.20 for a two dollar win ticket, and was the third longest price on the board.
– Boisterous (KY) – This was a flop that is difficult to explain. After winning two graded stakes in a row, and four out of his last six, Boisterous was a complete no-show in the Sword Dancer Stakes on Saturday. He went off as the favorite, but was cam up empty when it was time to run. Boisterous came into the race as a rising turf star, but he’s left us with a few question marks now. Definitely one to keep an eye on next time to see if he’ll recover.
– Wednesday – The Albany Stakes – Three Year Old New York Breds – 1 1/8 Miles – Purse: $150,000
– Thursday – The New York Turf Writers Steeplechase (Grade 1) – Four Year Olds and Upward – 2 3/8 Miles (Hurdles) – Purse: $150,000
– Friday – The Ballerina Stakes (Grade 1) – Fillies and Mares Three Year Olds and Upward – Seven Furlongs – Purse: $500,00
– Saturday – The Ballston Spa Stakes (Grade 2) – Fillies and Mares Three Year Olds and Upward – 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) – Purse: $250,000
– Saturday – The King’s Bishop Stakes (Grade 1) – Three Year Olds – Seven Furlongs – Purse: $500,000
– Saturday – The Test Stakes (Grade 1) – Three Year Old Fillies – Seven Furlongs – Purse: $500,000
– Saturday – The Travers Stakes (Grade 1) – Three Year Olds – 1 1/4 Miles – Purse: $1,000,000
– Sunday – The Personal Ensign Invitational (Grade 1) – Fillies and Mares Three Year Olds and Upward – 1 1/4 Miles – Purse: $600,000
– Monday – The Saratoga Dew Stakes – Fillies and Mares Three Year Olds and Upward New York Breds – 1 1/8 Miles – Purse: $100,000
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for this weekend’s… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys celebrate episode 500 previewing the… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview the Late Pick 5… Read More
Slow Down Andy won the 2023 Awesome Again Stakes (G1)… Read More
Vinny from Real Dynasty Picks gives his horse racing best… Read More
Let’s get another big Sunday of racing kicked off today!… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Vosburgh Stakes (G2) from Belmont at… Read More
Zozos won the 2023 Ack Ack Stakes (G3) at Churchill… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!