Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Reneesgotzip (KY) – All you can say is WOW! Reneesgotzip made every poll a winning one in Sunday’s Grade 2 Rancho Bernardo, and set a new track record in the process! Perhaps the scariest news…she made it look easy, suggesting there might be another gear left in her that we are yet to see. After setting fairly quick early fractions, she re-broke at the top of the stretch out put away her competition with ease as she won by almost three lengths. With Groupie Doll not running well in her return, Reneesgotzip is now the leading contender to win the Breeders Cup Filly and Mare Sprint in November.
– 2nd Star: Discreet Marq (NY) – Three East coast invaders finished in the top four of Saturday’s Del Mar Oaks, but it was Discreet Marq that got to the line first, beating Wishing Gate and a pair of Ramsey horses. The win gave Discreet Marq her third straight victory, and her first Grade 1 stakes. Jockey Julien Leparoux gave her an outstanding ground saving trip, and swung just three wide on the turn to pounce and take the lead. Discreet Marq has now earned almost half a million dollars in her career, and looks to have a bright future ahead of her.
– 3rd Star: Wishing Gate (FL) – Even though she finished second in the Del Mar Oaks, I still believe she is deserving of the third star rating for the week. She made a very determined closing move, but just wasn’t good enough to get by Discreet Marq in the end. Although she didn’t win, I felt this race justified her as a top 3-year-old filly on the turf. She kind of came out of nowhere to win the San Clemente Handicap last time out, so it was nice to see her put together two strong races in a row. She should be respected from now forward after this successful Del Mar meet.
– Kitten’s Dumplings (KY) – Even though she lands in this spot, her fourth place finish in the Del Mar Oaks wasn’t that bad. It was clear that she was never comfortable throughout most of the race, but I felt like she continued to fight to the end and finished respectably. The loss was the lone flaw in an otherwise incredible day for the Ramsey’s. As far as Kitten’s Dumplings go, I wouldn’t hold this performance against her too much.
1. John Sadler – 18
2. Bob Baffert – 15
2. Doug O’Neill – 15
4. Jerry Hollendorfer – 14
5. Peter Miller – 11
6. Mike Mitchell – 9
7. Michael Pender – 5
7. Victor Garcia – 5
7. Vann Belvoir – 5
10. Jeff Mullins – 4
10. Mike Puype -4
10. Tim Yakteen – 4
10. Richard Mandella – 4
10. Dan Hendricks – 4
10. Lenard Powell – 4
1. Rafael Bejarano – 36
2. Julien Leparoux – 20
2. Martin Garcia – 20
4. Edwin Maldonado – 18
5. Mario Gutierrez – 15
6. Victor Espinoza – 14
7. Joe Talamo – 13
8. Gary Stevens – 12
9. Corey Nakatani – 10
10. Agapito Delgadillo
– Friday – The CTT and Thoroughbred Owners of California Handicap – Fillies and Mares 3 Year Olds and upward – 1 3/8 miles (Turf) – Purse: $90,000
– Saturday – The Del Mar Handicap (Grade 2) – 3 Year Olds and Upward – 1 3/8 miles (Turf) – Purse: $200,000
– Sunday – The Pat O’Brien Stakes (Grade 2) – 3 Year Olds and Upward – Seven Furlongs – Purse: $250,000
– Sunday – The Del Mar Mile (Grade 2) – 3 Year Olds and Upward – One Mile (Turf) – Purse: $200,000
– Sunday – The Pacific Classic (Grade 1) – 3 Year Olds and Upward – 1 1/4 Miles – Purse: $1,000,000
The Racing Dudes preview the $3 million Pegasus World Cup… Read More
Can Arabian Knight fend off all challengers in the Southwest… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss everything they learned from… Read More
The Dudes are here to give you picks for all… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s $200,000… Read More
The 7th annual Pegasus World Cup is set for January… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Pegasus World Cup (G1) from Gulfstream… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Southwest Stakes (G3) from Oaklawn Park,… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!