Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Princess of Sylmar (PA) – This was the performance of the weekend, no matter what track you are talking about. The Kentucky Oaks winner finally returned to the track Saturday, and absolutely crushed her four rivals in the Coaching Club American Oaks. The win makes her the obvious choice for best three-year old filly in the country, and also gets you wondering if she might just be the best three-year old period! Many local pundits felt her stable mate Unlimited Budget was the one to beat in this race, but she disposed of her early on. My Happy Face set the pace, but was also absolutely no match for Princess of Sylmar. This race should propel her to the Grade 1 Alabama next time out where she’ll look to continue her dominance over the division.
– 2nd Star: Authenticity (KY) – While Princess of Sylmar made her presence felt in the three-year old filly division, Authenticity did the same in the older filly and mare division when she easily won the Shuvee Handicap on Saturday. While she still has the monster that is Royal Delta ahead of her in the rankings, Authenticity has proven she’s more than a one hit wonder. This year she’s gotten better with every race, and the win on Saturday makes her a two-time Graded stakes winner. Her solid Saratoga form is great news as now a date with Royal Delta and Tiz Miz Sue looms large in the Personal Ensign a few weeks down the road. A win in that race would elevate her to the top of her class, and it’s something that’s not totally out of the question for this rising superstar.
– 3rd Star: Sage Valley (KY) – Meet the horse that is starting to really become a fan favorite! After being somewhat average the first four races of his career, Sage Valley has rattled off five wins in his last six starts, including two wins against Grade 3 company. His latest victory in the James Marvin on Friday could have been his most impressive yet. After sitting just off a fairly strong pace, Sage Valley had plenty left in the stretch and drew off to a convincing one length victory. The win could springboard him into the Grade 1 Forego, which will be ran on closing weekend of the meet.
– Unlimited Budget (FL) – The Coaching Club American Oaks was supposed to be hers for the taking, but it turned out to be a brutal day. Right from the start there was trouble, as she struck the right side of the starting gate as the gates opened. She did somewhat recover and was in a decent spot for part of the race, but she had no response down the stretch. The result was a disastrous last place effort, and beaten fifteen lengths. Perhaps the Belmont took its toll on her, or maybe it just wasn’t her day. Time to regroup…
– Wednesday – The Lake George (Grade 2) – Three Year Old Fillies – 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) – Purse: $200,000
– Thursday – The Quick Call Stakes – Three Year Olds – 5 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) – Purse: $100,000
– Friday – The Curling Stakes – Three Year Olds – 1 1/8 Miles – Purse: $100,000
– Saturday – The Jim Dandy (Grade 2) – Three Year Olds – 1 1/8 Miles – Purse: $600,000
– Saturday – The Diana Stakes (Grade 1) – Fillies and Mares Three Year Olds and Upward – 1 1/8 Miles (Turf) – Purse: $600,000
– Saturday – The Prioress Stakes (Grade 1) – Three Year Old Fillies – Six Furlongs – Purse: $300,000
– Sunday – The Amsterdam Stakes (Grade 2) – Three Year Olds – 6 1/2 Furlongs – Purse: $200,000
– Monday – Honorable Miss Handicap (Grade 2) – Fillies and Mares Three Year Olds and Upward – Six Furlongs – Purse: $200,000
The Magic Mike Show guys preview the Late Pick 5… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s $1,000,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys review the weekend’s biggest stakes… Read More
The Racing Dudes team hosted a roundtable discussion & fan… Read More
Aaron lists the top 5 best horse racing finishes that… Read More
Welcome to our weekly rankings of the top 5 best… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Ack Ack Stakes (G3) from Churchill… Read More
Saudi Crown won the 2023 Pennsylvania Derby (G1) at Parx… Read More
Ceiling Crusher won the 2023 Cotillion Stakes (G1) at Parx… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!