Each week, this important article will provide the standings, power rankings, and recent transactions for every league member. Not only will you see the latest claims in the league (which will show you what horses might be up-and-coming), but you will also get updates on the runners as they prepare for their next starts along the Kentucky Derby Trail. Let’s check out all the latest transactions and scoring updates:
|Ranking||Team||Score||Current Team Members|
|1||Aaron Halterman||111||Mucho Gusto, Gunmetal Gray, Long Range Toddy, Bankit, Cornacchia|
|2||Jon White/Ryan Stillman||100||Improbable, Omaha Beach, War of Will, Maximum Security, Hidden Scroll|
|3||Brandon "B$" Bauer||81||Haikal, Galilean, So Alive, Tacitus, Global Campaign|
|4||Patrick "Mad Dog" Meagher||61||Signalman, Code of Honor, Elvis, Knicks Go, Rowayton|
|5||Mike "Saratoga Slim" Spector||42||Instagrand, Kingly, Mind Control, Dream Maker, Dessman|
|6||Paul "Free Beers" Withrow||27||Game Winner, Super Steed, US Navy Cross, Anothertwistafate, Roadster|
|7||Dan "Wise Dan" Waite||5||Standard Deviation, Mr. Money, Win Win Win, Bourbon War, Nolo Contesto|
|8||Jared Welch||(-9)||Country House, Gun It, Spinoff, Intrepid Heart, Gray Attempt|
|9||The Magic Mike Show||(-33)||Mucho, Limonite, Plus Que Parfait, Well Defined, Walking Thunder|
|10||The Fans: Austin and Bones||(-54)||Vekoma, Sueno, Tax, Owendale, Mihos|
There are no claims to announce this week.
The “Power Rankings” from now on will feature each team’s odds to win the contest, as well as an update on every horse on each of the teams. Here we go:
1. Jon White/Ryan Stillman (2/1)
- Hidden Scroll – He set too fast of a pace in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2), finishing fourth. If he learns to rate, he can still be very dangerous.
- Improbable – His status is up in the air until we hear when the San Felipe Stakes (G2) will be contested.
- War of Will – He’s still the most impressive horse to run in a 2019 prep race. The Louisiana Derby (G2) is his next target.
- Omaha Beach – Quarter cracks have given him a small setback. His connections are hopeful for a start in the Rebel Stakes (G2).
- Maximum Security – He looks to jump up in class in a big way for a start in the Florida Derby (G1).
2. Paul “Free Beers” Withrow (9/2)
- Game Winner – His status is up in the air until we hear when the San Felipe Stakes (G2) will be contested.
- Super Steed – Bone bruising has forced him off of the Kentucky Derby Trail.
- US Navy Cross – He’s had a few works, but no public plans for a race have been made at this time.
- Anothertwistafate – The Sunland Derby (G3) is his next target as he moves back to the dirt.
- Roadster – A sharp allowance victory has him pointing towards the Santa Anita Derby (G1).
3. Patrick “Mad Dog” Meagher (6/1)
- Code of Honor – His huge win in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) has this team tied for first in the points standings.
- Signalman – It’s on to the Blue Grass Stakes (G2) after a poor effort in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2).
- Knicks Go – He’ll start this weekend in the Gotham Stakes (G3).
- Rowayton – This colt is training very well leading up to his first start in 2019, though no specific plans have been announced.
- Elvis – He will finally debut this Wednesday at Sam Houston Park in a maiden special weight.
4. Aaron Halterman (10/1)
- Mucho Gusto – It looks like he’ll make his next start in the Rebel Stakes (G2).
- Gunmetal Gray – His status is up in the air until we hear when the San Felipe Stakes (G2) will be contested.
- Long Range Toddy – This consistent runner looks to be on target for the Rebel Stakes (G2).
- Bankit – He needs to rebound after back-to-back poor efforts at Oaklawn Park.
- Cornacchia – Still MIA after scratching out of an allowance race at Fair Grounds last week.
5. Mike “Saratoga Slim” Spector (12/1)
- Instagand – We’ll finally get to see him this weekend in the Gotham Stakes (G3).
- Kingly – After his second-place effort in the El Camino Real Stakes, he might get another shot at a prep race soon.
- Mind Control – He’ll run this weekend in the Gotham Stakes (G3).
- Dream Maker – This is a big weekend for him with a start in the Tampa Bay Derby (G2).
- Dessman – He scratched out of an allowance last weekend, which could mean that he runs in a prep race for his next start.
6. Dan “Wise Dan” Waite (15/1)
- Bourbon War – His fast-closing second in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) was ultra-impressive.
- Mr. Money – He needs a big bounce-back race after a poor showing in the Risen Star (G2).
- Win Win Win – This horse could be a major player if he wins the Tampa Bay Derby (G2) this weekend.
- Standard Deviation – It look like the Belmont Stakes (G1) is the ultimate goal for him.
- Nolo Contesto – A recent poor allowance effort in sloppy conditions was discouraging; however, he will still point for a prep race in his next start.
7. Jared Welch (15/1)
- Country House – He seems to be on target for a return trip to Fair Grounds for the Louisiana Derby (G2).
- Gun It – It’s hard to guess what might happen next for this disappointing colt. Most likely an allowance race.
- Spinoff – This flashy Todd Pletcher colt should target a prep race for his next start.
- Intrepid Heart – Pletcher is debating on this horse’s next race, which could come in either a prep or an allowance race.
- Gray Attempt – A minor injury has forced him out of a potential start in the Rebel Stakes (G2).
8. Brandon “B$” Bauer (50/1)
- Galilean – We’ll see if he’s for real in the Rebel Stakes (G2) next weekend.
- Haikal – We’ll also see if he’s for real this weekend in the Gotham Stakes (G2).
- So Alive – He could play a factor in the Tampa Bay Derby (G2) this weekend if entered.
- Tacitus – He also seems to be be pointing towards the Tampa Bay Derby (G2) this weekend.
- Global Campaign – A minor injury suffered in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) has forced him off of the Kentucky Derby trail.
9. The Magic Mike Show (50/1)
- Mucho – His strong allowance performance last week apparently wasn’t enough to for his connections to attempt the Kentucky Derby trail. He is now targeting a 7-furlong sprint at Aqueduct on the Wood Memorial (G2) undercard.
- Well Defined – He should be a player this weekend in the Tampa Bay Derby (G2).
- Walking Thunder – The UAE Derby (G2) is still in play for a horse who has shown plenty of talent.
- Limonite – This recent claim did not pan out well when he was a non-factor in the Risen Star Stakes (G2), but he is on target to make his second start of 2019 in the Louisiana Derby (G2).
- Plus Que Parfait – Nothing has gone well for him this year after running strongly as a 2-year-old.
10. The Fans: Austin and Bones (99/1)
- Vekoma – His third-place effort in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) was likely good enough for his connections to give it another go in a prep event.
- Mihos – He’ll look to bounce back in the Wood Memorial (G2) or Florida Derby (G1).
- Tax – It looks like he is skipping this round of preps and will go straight to the Wood Memorial (G2).
- Sueno – We aren’t sure where they’ll send him next; however, wherever he goes, he will likely be a factor underneath.
- Owendale – Following a poor performance in the Risen Star Stakes (G2), he is being considered for the Sunland Derby (G3) and the (G3).