Each week, this important article will provide the standings, power rankings, and recent transactions for every league member. Not only will you see the latest claims in the league (which will show you what horses might be up-and-coming), but you will also get updates on the runners as they prepare for their next starts along the Kentucky Derby Trail. Let’s check out all the latest transactions and scoring updates:
|Ranking||Team||Score||Current Team Members|
|1||Jon White/Ryan Stillman||345||Improbable, Omaha Beach, War of Will, Maximum Security, Alwaysmining|
|2||Brandon "B$" Bauer||196||Haikal, Galilean, So Alive, Tacitus, Global Campaign|
|3||Paul "Free Beers" Withrow||182||Game Winner, Super Steed, US Navy Cross, Anothertwistafate, Roadster|
|4||Jared Welch||151||Country House, Gun It, Spinoff, Intrepid Heart, Gray Attempt|
|5||Patrick "Mad Dog" Meagher||146||Signalman, Code of Honor, Elvis, Knicks Go, Rowayton|
|6||Aaron Halterman||141||Mucho Gusto, Gunmetal Gray, Long Range Toddy, Bankit, Cornacchia|
|7||The Fans: Austin and Bones||136||Vekoma, Sueno, Tax, Owendale, Mihos|
|8||Mike "Saratoga Slim" Spector||63||Instagrand, Kingly, Mind Control, Dream Maker, Dessman|
|9||Dan "Wise Dan" Waite||45||Standard Deviation, By My Standards, Win Win Win, Bourbon War, Nolo Contesto|
|10||The Magic Mike Show||37||Mucho, Limonite, Plus Que Parfait, Well Defined, Walking Thunder|
There are no claims to announce this week.
The “Power Rankings” from now on will feature teams’ odds to win the contest, as well as an update on every horse on a team. Here we go:
1. Jon White/Ryan Stillman (9/5)
- Hidden Scroll – He set too fast of a pace in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2), finishing fourth. If he learns to rate, he can still be very dangerous.
- Improbable – He’ll run this weekend at Oaklawn Park in the Rebel Stakes (G2)
- War of Will – He’s still the most impressive horse to run in a 2019 prep race. The Louisiana Derby (G2) is his next target.
- Omaha Beach – Quarter cracks have given him a small setback. His connections are hopeful for a start in the Rebel Stakes (G2) this weekend.
- Maximum Security – He looks to jump up in class in a big way for a start in the Florida Derby (G1).
2. Brandon “B$” Bauer (7/2)
- Galilean – We’ll see if he’s for real in the Rebel Stakes (G2) next weekend.
- Haikal – The Gotham Stakes (G3) winner is safely in the Kentucky Derby. Now, he’s pointed towards the Wood Memorial (G2).
- So Alive – We are awaiting details of where he plans to run next.
- Tacitus – A perfect ride by Jose Ortiz earned him top honors in the Tampa Bay Derby (G2).
- Global Campaign – A minor injury suffered in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) has forced him off of the Kentucky Derby trail.
3. Paul “Free Beers” Withrow (4/1)
- Game Winner – The Rebel Stakes (G2) at Oaklawn Park is where he’s heading this weekend.
- Super Steed – Bone bruising has forced him off of the Kentucky Derby Trail.
- US Navy Cross – He’s had a few works, but no public plans for a race have been made at this time.
- Anothertwistafate – The Sunland Derby (G3) is his next target as he moves back to the dirt.
- Roadster – A sharp allowance victory has him pointing towards the Santa Anita Derby (G1).
4. Patrick “Mad Dog” Meagher (8/1)
- Code of Honor – His huge win in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) has this team tied for first in the points standings.
- Signalman – It’s on to the Blue Grass Stakes (G2) after a poor effort in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2).
- Knicks Go – We can close the book on him after a terrible Gotham Stakes (G3) performance.
- Rowayton – This colt is training very well leading up to his first start in 2019, though no specific plans have been announced.
- Elvis – His debut race was… BAD.
5. Aaron Halterman (8/1)
- Mucho Gusto – It looks like he’ll make his next start in the Sunland Derby (G3).
- Gunmetal Gray – He’s Hot Springs-bound for the Rebel Stakes (G2) this weekend.
- Long Range Toddy – This consistent runner looks to be on target for the Rebel Stakes (G2).
- Bankit – He needs to rebound after back-to-back poor efforts at Oaklawn Park.
- Cornacchia – He is still M.I.A. after scratching out of an allowance race at Fair Grounds last week.
6. Mike “Saratoga Slim” Spector (10/1)
- Instagrand – A poor effort in the Gotham Stakes (G3) has many wondering if he could be more of a sprinter.
- Kingly – After his second-place effort in the El Camino Real Derby, he might get another shot at a prep race soon.
- Mind Control – He looked like a winner in the Gotham Stakes (G3); however, he had to settle for second.
- Dream Maker – His Tampa Bay Derby (G2) was a total flop.
- Dessman – He scratched out of an allowance race last weekend, which could mean that he runs in a prep race for his next start.
7. Jared Welch (10/1)
- Country House – He seems to be on target for a return trip to Fair Grounds for the Louisiana Derby (G2).
- Gun It – It’s hard to guess what might happen next for this disappointing colt; most likely, it will be an allowance race.
- Spinoff – This flashy Todd Pletcher colt should target a prep race for his next start.
- Intrepid Heart – Pletcher said that this horse is ultimately being pointed towards the Belmont Stakes (G1).
- Gray Attempt – A minor injury has forced him out of a potential start in the Rebel Stakes (G2).
8. Dan “Wise Dan” Waite (15/1)
- Bourbon War – His fast-closing second in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) was ultra-impressive.
- Mr. Money – He needs a big bounce-back race after a poor showing in the Risen Star (G2).
- Win Win Win – His third place finish in the Tampa Bay Derby (G2) wasn’t horrible considering he had a very wide trip.
- Standard Deviation – It look like the Belmont Stakes (G1) is the ultimate goal for him.
- Nolo Contesto – A recent poor allowance effort in sloppy conditions was discouraging; however, he will still point for a prep race in his next start.
9. The Magic Mike Show (99/1)
- Mucho – His strong 2019 debut in an allowance apparently wasn’t enough to for his connections to attempt the Kentucky Derby trail. He is now targeting a 7-furlong sprint at Aqueduct on the Wood Memorial (G2) undercard.
- Well Defined – The pace killed him in the Tampa Bay Derby (G2).
- Walking Thunder – The UAE Derby (G2) is still in play for a horse who has shown plenty of talent.
- Limonite – This recent claim did not pan out well when he was a non-factor in the Risen Star Stakes (G2), but he is on target to make his second start of 2019 in the Louisiana Derby (G2).
- Plus Que Parfait – It looks like he is now pointed towards the UAE Derby (G2) for his next start.
10. The Fans: Austin and Bones (99/1)
- Vekoma – His third-place effort in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) was likely good enough for his connections to give it another go in a prep event.
- Mihos – He’ll look to bounce back in the Wood Memorial (G2) or Florida Derby (G1).
- Tax – It looks like he is skipping this round of preps and will go straight to the Wood Memorial (G2).
- Sueno – Quarter cracks have his next start on hold.
- Owendale – Following a poor performance in the Risen Star Stakes (G2), he is being considered for the Sunland Derby (G3) and the Lexington Stakes (G3).