1. California Chrome – Has started back with some light training at Los Alamitos as he gears up for a big second half of the year.
2. Effinex – Got over his case of hives and dominated his rivals in the Oaklawn Handicap.
3. Mshawish – Was pointing for the Met Mile, but unfortunately has been retired. Will surely get passed in the rankings now.
4. Frosted – Working well and pointing for the Met Mile on Belmont Stakes Day. With the defection of Mshawish the race becomes an even better opportunity for him to erase his loss in the Dubai World Cup.
5. Hoppertunity – Nobody likes to give this guy respect, but the bottom line is he always (no matter what race) shows up with an effort.
Sleeper: Firing Line – Finally back to work after a big time layoff. You can’t forget about him though.
1. Tepin – FREAK OF NATURE!!! Pointed towards Royal Ascot to take on the world’s best now.
2. Beholder – Another absolutely crushing performance in the Vanity Mile for this freak. She might be the best horse in the world…and is ranked second in this division as of now.
3. Stopchargingmaria – Excellent race to kick off her 2016 which will set her up just fine for the big races down the road. The Ogden Phipps is next for her this weekend.
4. Curalina – Wow! Amazing return to the races as she dusted her rivals at Churchill Downs on the Oaks undercard. She also is pointed towards the Ogden Phipps.
5. Stellar Wind – Very strong return for her in the Vanity Mile, but she was no match for Beholder.
Sleeper: Cavorting – Yet another pointing towards the Ogden Phipps. A win in that race could put her in the top 3 of the division.
3 Year Old Males
1. Nyquist – He certainly remains the top horse in here as the Preakness was his first loss. Also holds a 4-1 overall advantage and a 2-1 advantage this year over Exaggerator. Unfortunately spiked a fever and is out of the Belmont Stakes.
2. Exaggerator – Has turned into a monster now as he’s ran three huge races in a row. Finally turned the tables on Nyquist, and could exit the Triple Crown races as the top horse in the crop if he can win the Belmont Stakes this weekend.
3. Gun Runner – Failed to give him enough credit during the Triple Crown trail, but we will now. Great run in the Kentucky Derby.
4. Mohaymen – Was nice to see him rebound off of his poor Florida Derby effort, and prove he’s still a decent horse.
5. Suddenbreakingnews – Brutal trip in the Kentucky Derby, but this horse brings it every time. Looms dangerous…and now has Mike Smith on his back for the Belmont Stakes this weekend.
Sleeper: Unified – Extended his perfect record to three for three with a nice win in the Peter Pan.
3 Year Old Females
1. Songbird – Sadly a fever knocked her out of the Oaks, but she’s still the best. She’s now pointing towards the Summertime Oaks at Santa Anita for her comeback race on June 18th.
2. Cathryn Sophia – Awesome Kentucky Oaks performance as this freak silenced the distance doubters. Now cuts back to a mile in the Acorn Stakes this weekend.
3. Catch a Glimpse – She’s simply awesome as she beat the boys in the Penn Mile. Just won’t let horses pass her on the turf…I’d like to rank her higher than this, but the two in front of her are too good.
4. Go Maggie Go – Big weekend for her as she gets set to take on Cathryn Sophia and Carina Mia in the Acorn Stakes. Could shoot up the rankings with a win.
5. Lewis Bay – Nothing wrong with this filly as she brings her “A game” every time.
Sleeper: Carina Mia – Gets a big time chance to move up the rankings this weekend if she can win the Acorn Stakes.
1. Runhappy – Complete freak…but when will we see him again? It’s becoming a concern.
2. Private Zone – Tremendous horse in his own right, and could run this week at Belmont Park.
3. X Y Jet – Running unreal right now, and almost got it done in Dubai.
4. Kobe’s Back – Comes with his closing kick every single time.
5. Wild Dude – He’s just awesome. Back to his winning ways at Santa Anita once again.
Sleeper: Catalina Red – Huge win in the Churchill Downs Stakes over many quality horses.