1. California Chrome – Easy choice here as he rolled home in Dubai showing he’s better than ever.
2. Effinex – Got over his case of hives and dominated his rivals in the Oaklawn Handicap.
3. Mshawish – Admirable effort in Dubai, and lets not forget this horse won the Donn Handicap before going over there. Heading towards the Met Mile next.
4. Frosted – Working well and pointing for the Met Mile on Belmont Stakes Day. A win their could put him right back into the mix with the top ones in this group.
5. Hoppertunity – Nobody likes to give this guy respect, but the bottom line is he always (no matter what race) shows up with an effort.
Sleeper: Firing Line – Finally back to work after a big time layoff. You can’t forget about him though.
1. Tepin – FREAK OF NATURE!!! Pointed towards Royal Ascot to take on the world’s best now.
2. Beholder – ANOTEHR FREAK OF NATURE!!! Heading towards a showdown this weekend in the Vanity Handicap vs. Stellar Wind.
3. Stopchargingmaria – Excellent race to kick off her 2016 which will set her up just fine for the big races down the road.
4. Curalina – Wow! Amazing return to the races as she dusted her rivals at Churchill Downs on the Oaks undercard.
5. Sheer Drama – Defeated Stopcharingmaria in a tough race at Keeneland, but ran a little flat against Curalina. She’ll be fine though.
Sleeper: Cavorting – Perhaps the most impressive race on a nice Saturday at Belmont three weekends ago. Extremely impressive and at a mile it was her longest win yet, and now could face several of the top horses at Belmont next.
3 Year Old Males
1. Nyquist – He certainly remains the top horse in here as the Preakness was his first loss. Also holds a 4-1 overall advantage and a 2-1 advantage this year over Nyquist. Unfortunately spiked a fever and is out of the Belmont Stakes.
2. Exaggerator – Has turned into a monster now as he’s ran three huge races in a row. Finally turned the tables on Nyquist, and could exit the Triple Crown races as the top horse in the crop if he can win the Belmont Stakes.
3. Gun Runner – Failed to give him enough credit during the Triple Crown trail, but we will now. Great run in the Kentucky Derby.
4. Mohaymen – Was nice to see him rebound off of his poor Florida Derby effort, and prove he’s still a decent horse.
5. Suddenbreakingnews – Brutal trip in the Kentucky Derby, but this horse brings it every time. Looms dangerous…and now has Mike Smith on his back for the Belmont Stakes.
Sleeper: Unified – Extended his perfect record to three for three with a nice win in the Peter Pan. Belmont Stakes could be next.
3 Year Old Females
1. Songbird – Sadly a fever knocked her out of the Oaks, but she’s still the best. She’s now pointing towards the Summertime Oaks at Santa Anita for her comeback race on June 18th.
2. Cathryn Sophia – Awesome Kentucky Oaks performance as this freak silenced the distance doubters.
3. Go Maggie Go – Very impressive Black Eyed Susan win confirms that she is a rising superstar in the division. Unsure if she is as good as the top 2, but we might find out soon enough!
4. Catch a Glimpse – Simply will not let horses pass her on the turf! Becoming one of my favorites, and will face males in the Penn Mile on June 4th.
5. Lewis Bay – Nothing wrong with this filly as she brings her “A game” every time.
Sleeper: Land Over Sea – Not a great effort in the Black Eyed Susan, and really she got a terrible trip as well. Don’t forget about her though.
1. Runhappy – Complete freak…but when will we see him again? It’s becoming a concern.
2. Private Zone – Tremendous horse in his own right, and getting closer to a return.
3. X Y Jet – Running unreal right now, and almost got it done in Dubai.
4. Kobe’s Back – Comes with his closing kick every single time.
5. Wild Dude – He’s just awesome. Back to his winning ways at Santa Anita once again.
Sleeper: Catalina Red – Huge win in the Churchill Downs Stakes over many quality horses.