Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2021 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my latest vote in the NTRA Top 10 Poll:
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. Here’s what my latest Top 10 poll looked like:
1. Domestic Spending – There is no doubt he’s the best turf horse we have on this side of the pond. He should be ultra-tough to beat leading up to the Breeders’ Cup.
2. Mystic Guide – His 2 wins this year were both extremely impressive. He’ll kick off his summer campaign in Saturday’s Suburban Stakes (G2).
3. Silver State – All he does is win! His Met Mile (G1) triumph was his sixth straight victory.
4. Maxfield – You know this division is tough when Maxfield is ranked fourth. He looked great in the Stephen Foster Stakes (G2).
5. Country Grammer – He ran 2 straight solid races under Bob Baffert and is now back east with Todd Pletcher for the New York summer season. He’s possible for Saturday’s Suburban Stakes (G2).
Sleeper: Colonel Liam – We’ll give him a pass for his poor effort in the Manhattan Stakes (G1). His resume is still very strong.
1. Letruska – Wow, she was fantastic once again in her Fleur de Lis Stakes (G2) romp. She is clearly the top horse in this division.
2. Monomoy Girl – She lost nothing in defeat; however, she is currently at the farm with some muscle soreness. Will she be back?
3. Swiss Skydiver – When will we see her next after she scratched from the Ogden Phipps Stakes (G1)?
4. Shedaresthedevil – Her effort in the Ogden Phipps Stakes (G1) left a lot to be desired.
5. Kimari – This filly is tough to beat when sprinting on dirt.
Sleeper: Valiance – The 2020 Breeders’ Cup Distaff (G1) runner-up finisher should be ready for a big 2021 once she returns to the track.
1. Essential Quality – Wow, he turned a lot of heads winning the Belmont Stakes (G1) with a career-high 109 Beyer Speed Figure.
2. Hot Rod Charlie – He ran way too good to lose the Belmont Stakes (G1). Look for him to have a big second half of the year.
3. Mandaloun – The expected eventual Kentucky Derby (G1) winner returned to take the Pegasus Stakes at Monmouth Park.
4. Rombauer – The Preakness Stakes (G1) winner backed up that big effort with a solid third in the Belmont Stakes (G1).
5. Midnight Bourbon – He always shows up with a big effort, no matter who he faces.
Sleeper: Known Agenda – He’s a cut below the top horses, but he showed some ability earlier in the year.
1. Malathaat – The undefeated Kentucky Oaks (G1) champ is the clear division leader heading into the summer months of racing.
2. Search Results – Her Acorn Stakes (G1) victory was very impressive. Can she turn the tables on Malathaat?
3. Will’s Secret – She’s had a great season, winning 2 stakes and finishing a solid third in the Kentucky Oaks (G1).
4. Obligatory – Her runner-up Acorn Stakes (G1) performance proved her last win was no fluke.
5. Zaajel – She showed new life with her very impressive Mother Goose Stakes (G2) win at Belmont Park.
Sleeper: Clairiere – This filly is a consistent board-hitter who hasn’t had much luck finding the winner’s circle.
1. C Z Rocket – We’ll leave him #1 as his loss in the Sexton Mile (G3) was not at a sprint distance.
2. Firenze Fire – He is a monster at Belmont Park, where he’s targeting Saturday’s John A. Nerud Stakes (G2).
3. Mischevious Alex – We’ll give him a pass in the Met Mile (G1). He didn’t get a great trip, plus he might be better going a bit shorter.
4. Flagstaff – He ran well once again in the True North Stakes (G2), finishing second to Firenze Fire.
5. Whitmore – The 2020 Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) champion hasn’t won yet this season, but he’s shown up with great efforts in all 3 tries.
Sleeper: Drain the Clock – He’s now the best 3-year-old sprinter after out-dueling Jackie’s Warrior in the Woody Stephens Stakes (G1).
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s $750,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Papa Dude and Aaron are back to give all their… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys recap the weekend’s biggest horse… Read More
The Racing Dudes dive deep into legendary horse player and… Read More
Mike previews the 2022 Matriarch Stakes (G1) from Del Mar,… Read More
Mike previews the 2022 NYSS Staten Island from Aqueduct, then… Read More
Let’s kick off another great Sunday of racing! For the… Read More
Dubyuhnell outdueled Arctic Arrogance in an exciting stretch drive to… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!