1. California Chrome – Easy choice here as he rolled home in Dubai showing he’s better than ever.
2. Effinex – Got over his case of hives and dominated his rivals in the Oaklawn Handicap.
3. Mshawish – Admirable effort in Dubai, and lets not forget this horse won the Donn Handicap before going over there. Really solid horse.
4. Frosted – Flopped in the World Cup, but he was coming into the race in great shape. Will look to rebound the second half of the year.
5. Hoppertunity – Nobody likes to give this guy respect, but the bottom line is he always (no matter what race) shows up with an effort.
Sleeper: Firing Line – Finally had a workout last week which is his first in over a year.
1. Tepin – FREAK OF NATURE!!!
2. Beholder – ANOTEHR FREAK OF NATURE!!!
3. Stopchargingmaria – Excellent race to kick off her 2016 which will set her up just fine for the big races down the road.
4. Curalina – Wow! Amazing return to the races as she dusted her rivals at Churchill Downs on the Oaks undercard.
5. Sheer Drama – Defeated Stopcharingmaria in a tough race at Keeneland, but ran a little flat against Curalina. She’ll be fine though.
Sleeper: Cavorting – Perhaps the most impressive race on a nice Saturday at Belmont over the weekend. Extremely impressive and at a mile it was her longest win yet.
3 Year Old Males
1. Nyquist – No doubting him now…8 for 8 and ran beautifully in the Kentucky Derby.
2. Exaggerator – Excellent race in the Kentucky Derby coming from well out of it to finish second.
3. Gun Runner – Failed to give him enough credit during the Triple Crown trail, but we will now. Great run in the Kentucky Derby.
4. Mohaymen – Was nice to see him rebound off of his poor Florida Derby effort, and prove he’s still a decent horse.
5. Suddenbreakingnews – Brutal trip in the Kentucky Derby, but this horse brings it every time. Looms dangerous…
Sleeper: Unified – Extended his perfect record to three for three with a nice win in the Peter Pan. Belmont Stakes could be next.
3 Year Old Females
1. Songbird – Sadly a fever knocked her out of the Oaks, but she’s still the best.
2. Cathryn Sophia – Awesome Kentucky Oaks performance as this freak silenced the distance doubters.
3. Catch a Glimpse – Simply will not let horses pass her on the turf! Becoming one of my favorites.
4. Land Over Sea – Came running late to finish second in the Oaks, but has proven she’s no match for the top two.
5. Lewis Bay – Nothing wrong with this filly as she brings her “A game” every time.
Sleeper: Go Maggie Go – Was lightly raced heading into the Oaks and made a nice account for herself. Could turn into something good as we go along.
1. Runhappy – Complete freak…but when will we see him again?
2. Private Zone – Tremendous horse in his own right.
3. X Y Jet – Running unreal right now, and almost got it done in Dubai.
4. Kobe’s Back – Comes with his closing kick every single time.
5. Salutos Amigos – He’s as honest as they come and running just as well as ever.
Sleeper: Catalina Red – Huge win in the Churchill Downs Stakes over many quality horses.