1. Wise Dan – He should be the Horse of the Year. What a performance at the Breeders Cup!
2. Fort Larned – What a season for this horse. Thrilled to hear he’s coming back in 2013.
3. Game On Dude – Horrible performance in the Breeders Cup Classic, but he still deserves to be ranked on this list.
4. Ron the Greek – Not the most talented horse you’ll ever see, but he gives it his best every time. He won some big races this year.
5. Mucho Macho Man – Thought he had the Classic won for sure, just got out finished. Curious to see him in 2013.
1. Royal Delta – Simply brilliant in the Ladies Classic.
2. Groupie Doll – Also brilliant on Breeders Cup day…and all year!
3. Include Me Out – Ladies Classic proved her class is strong.
4. Zagora – Perfect trip, and huge win in the Filly and Mare Turf. Tremendous turn of foot.
5. Love and Pride – Beat Royal Delta and Include Me Out this year. Over achieved and deserves respect.
3 Year Old Males
1. I’ll Have Another – Easily the best in this class.
2. Bodemeister – Easily second best.
3. Union Rags – Another easy pick for third.
4. Paynter – Was well on his way to a MONSTER year until the illness. Thank God he’s going to be ok! True warrior.
5. Alpha – Clearly below the top four, but he did win the Jim Dandy and Travers
3 Year Old Females
1. My Miss Aurelia – She’s really special. Hope she stays healthy in 2013.
2. Questing – Really upset about her no show in the Ladies Classic.
3. Grace Hall – A cut below the top two, but she shows up with her best every time.
4. In Lingerie – Versatile filly can run on any surface.
5. Believe You Can – Her Kentucky Oaks win has to count for something, right?
2 Year Old Males
1. Shanghai Bobby – Undefeated and won the Juvenile, easily first.
2. Uncaptured – The fastest 2-year-old out there numbers wise.
3. Power Broker – HORRIBLE trip in the Juvenile…he’ll bounce back.
4. Craving – Ran great race at Hollywood, beyer figure matched the Breeders Cup Juvenile number.
5. Titletown Five – His maiden win at Churchill was off the charts.
2 Year Old Females
1. Excecutiveprivilege – Beholder beat her in the Juvenile Filly, but her body of work is slightly better for now.
2. Beholder – Fast filly was able to win at two turns, could easily over take Executiveprivilege with more success.
3. Sign – Didn’t push her to the Breeders Cup, which may benefit her in the long run. Super talented horse.
4. Dreaming of Julia – A cut below the two top California horses in the Breeders Cup.
5. My Happy Face – Just lost to Dreaming of Julia by a nose.