Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
1. Game On Dude – He holds a head to head match up win over Will Take Charge and Mucho Macho Man so he assumes the top spot for now. Most people are down on him for his second place effort in the Charles Town Classic, but I still think he ran well.
2. Wise Dan – Wow what a scary moment last week for our champion horse. Thankfully he is recovering nicely from colic surgery, and getting stronger by the day.
3. Will Take Charge – Not his day last time out, but I do expect him to rebound off of that effort in the Stephen Foster.
4. Palace Malice – He’s now three for three in 2014, and is targeting the Met Mile next. If he wins that one, he might move all the way up to number one.
5. Revolutionary – Two solid races in a row land him in the fifth spot after we haven’t heard anything from Mucho Macho Man since his disappointing Santa Anita Handicap.
Sleeper: Normandy Invasion – Pointing towards the Met Mile which would be a career defining win. Like him a lot at the distance.
1. Beholder – Freak of nature! Not sure if anyone can beat her in this division, but she will be tested at Belmont in three weeks if she does indeed go.
2. Close Hatches – Two very workman like performances at Oaklawn has me thinking she has progressed even further since last year.
3. Princess of Sylmar – Easy winner in her return race. She’s one that is easy to root for considering she could have easily won the eclipse award last year.
4. On Fire Baby – She probably doesn’t stand a chance against the top three, but she is definitely the best of the rest. Her latest win made her millionaire.
5. Midnight Lucky – It was a “WOW” type effort in the Humana Distaff for her! How far can she go? Probably not more than a mile, but she’s dangerous going one turn!
Sleeper: Dreaming of Julia – If she ever makes it back in good form we don’t know how good she could end up being…
1. California Chrome – The Triple Crown is now in his sights…will he join racing immortality?
2. Danza – He’s likely to be passed now as news has come out that he will get a long break from racing.
3. Wicked Strong – Ran a predictable race in the Kentucky Derby considering the 20 hole was a killer post. He’ll be tough in the Belmont in his home state of New York.
4. Ride On Curlin – What a performance in the Preakness. He made what would have been a total blow-out race become very exciting in the last two hundred yards. Hopefully his day in the winners circle is coming.
5. Commanding Curve – Was he a one hit wonder, or will he keep progressing? We’ll begin to find out in the Belmont Stakes.
Sleeper: Samraat – He’s been somewhat forgotten, but this horse has never ran a bad race. Love him going into the summer.
1. Untapable – Cleary above and beyond anyone in this group by a wide margin. Perhaps the best 3 year old…period.
2. My Miss Sophia – Ran a pretty big race in the Oaks and is now clearly second in the division. Can’t beat the top one though…
3. Unbridled Forever – It’s so far back to the next group once you get past the top two in this division. It will change weekly
4. Rosalind – Started to come on pretty well here in mid-season. Hope she continues to improve.
5. Stopchargingmaria – Looks like she’s rounding back into form, which could make her dangerous to everyone on this list except for Untapable.
Sleeper: Thank You Marylou – Improving steadily, but still a long ways to go.
1. Secret Circle – This division hasn’t heated up yet, but when it does he’ll be the top dog.
2. Goldencents – Pointing towards the Met Mile which is shaping up to be an incredible race.
3. Central Banker – That was an eye-opening victory in the Churchill Downs Stakes. Becomes an instant player after that victory.
4. Shakin It Up – Consistent efforts land him in this spot. Seven furlongs seems to be the ideal distance.
5. Gentleman’s Bet – Beginning to worry about this horse…been a long time since we’ve seen him.
Sleeper: Midnight Lucky – Her comeback race was off the charts! If she can stay healthy she might be able to beat the boys.
The Racing Dudes preview four 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) prep… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude give their thoughts on the Sweet… Read More
The Racing Dudes take a closer look and dish out… Read More
It’s been a heck of a week for the Somobombs!… Read More
Kingsbarns won the 2023 Louisiana Derby (G2) at Fair Grounds… Read More
Mike previews the 2023 Sunland Park Derby (G3) from Sunland… Read More
Mike previews the 2023 Sunland Park Oaks from Sunland Park,… Read More
Two Phil’s won the 2023 Jeff Ruby Steaks (G3) at… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!