1. Wise Dan – He’s simply a brilliant horse when going one mile on the turf.
2. Game on Dude – Pacific Classic looms large, Game On Dude said to be super sharp.
3. Cross Traffic – The new face in the division showed he’s for real in the Whitney. Now he’s a prime time player.
4. Graydar – He has rejoined Pletcher’s Stable at Saratoga, will be looking for a big fall campaign.
5. Fort Larned – Workouts leading up to the Woodward have been strong.
Sleeper: Successful Dan – His Whitney second place effort was solid…now lets see if he can put back to back races together.
1. Royal Delta – Major test this Sunday in the Personal Ensign.
2. Tiz Miz Sue – Will wait to run one prep race, and then it’s on to the Ladies Classic.
3. Authenticity – Gets a much anticipated match-up with Royal Delta this week in the Personal Ensign.
4. Joyful Victory – Her stakes win at Monmouth proves she’s ready for a big second half.
5. On Fire Baby – Also pointing to the Personal Ensign. What a race this one is going to be!
Sleeper: My Miss Aurelia – Has been transferred to Todd Pletcher. Interesting move, will it pay off?
3 Year Old Males
1. Palace Malice – Travers week is here, can he make it three in a row?
2. Verrazano – It’s the Travers for him as well, can he get a mile and one-quarter?
3. Orb – The Travers will be his first start since the Belmont, will he run huge off the short layoff?
4. Oxbow – Done for the year which puts him out of the three year old of the year discussion, but still had a great season.
5. Will Take Charge – Lukas says he’s “dead fit” for the Travers, can he finally put two in a row together?
Sleeper: Departing – Super talented horse, but they are taking their time with him. Super Derby up next.
3 Year Old Females
1. Princess or Sylmar – The best without a single doubt. This race is over.
2. Beholder – Wish she’d run again soon. Really nice horse.
3. Fiftyshadesofhay – This horse is a fighter. Pretty decent race to finish second in the Alabama. Princess of Sylmar; Beholder just better.
4. Midnight Lucky – Unfortunately she will miss the rest of the year, which will cause her to drop some.
5. Close Hatches – Easily defeated the now overrated Dreaming of Julia in the Mother Goose.
Sleeper: Unlimited Budget – Still have to mention her, but she needs to rebound from a poor effort in the CCA Oaks.
1. Fast Bullet – Finally got to see him do his thing on the big stage. Exceptional race in the True North.
2. Justin Phillip – The old pro looks better than ever. So great to see him win his first Grade 1 stakes.
3. Reneesgotzip – There is a new queen in town! She set the track record at Del Mar last weekend.
4. Gentleman’s Bet – Valiant effort in the Vanderbilt, I don’t discount him at all for that race.
5. Sage Valley – Up and comer has really had a nice season.
Sleeper: Trinniberg – Defending sprint champion is still on our radar.