1. Honor Code – Uh oh…suffered a defeat in the Kelso at a short price on Super Saturday at Belmont. Sloppy track could have been the problem.
2. Liam’s Map – Wire to wire win easily in the Woodward Stakes combined with a nose loss to the top horse in the Whitney makes him an easy selection for the second best horse in the division.
3. Shared Belief – Is back to light training with 2016 in mind.
4. Tonalist – Finally got a big time Grade 1 win this year, and now sets himself up to move up the rankings with a win in the Breeders Cup Classic.
5. California Chrome – Out for the remainder of the year, but is set to return to racing in 2016.
Sleeper: The Pizza Man – Came from the clouds to almost win the Shadwell Mile at Keeneland over the weekend. Running better than ever.
1. Beholder – Returned in the Zenyatta Stakes and looked just as good as always. Breeders’ Cup up next!
2. Wedding Toast – Returned to Belmont and dominated the Beldame. With Beholder pointing for the Classic this is your Distaff favorite.
3. Sheer Drama – Interesting alternative to Wedding Toast as she has done nothing but improve all year long.
4. Got Lucky – This horse just keeps getting better. Showed she won’t quit with a big win in the Spinster.
5. Stopchargingmaria – Not a world beater by any means, but has a resume that is hard to ignore.
Sleeper: Tepin – Wow that was some kind of performance at Keeneland over the weekend. On to the Breeders Cup Mile against the boys next.
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – A shocking defeat in the Travers Stakes, however he’s still best in this division by a mile.
2. Frosted – Huge for him to get back into the winners circle in the Pennsylvania Derby. His body of work puts him clearly second best in the division.
3. Keen Ice – Beat the Triple Crown winner and could be the most improved horse in racing.
4. Runhappy – Is running like a complete freak right now. Might not be a sprinter in the country that can beat him.
5. Dortmund – Is training very well with the first big goal being the Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs.
Sleeper: Texas Red – The forgotten horse…but he still has talent if he can put it all together.
3 Year Old Female
1. Lady Eli – The outlook of her battle with laminitis looks very promising as the news had been very good regarding her lately.
2. I’m a Chatterbox – Big win in the Cotillion CLEARY makes her second best in this division going into the Breeders Cup.
3. Curalina – Not a bad effort in the Beldame to finish second to Wedding Toast, but she clearly was never going to catch her.
4. Lovely Maria – No improvement in the Spinster…she may be done.
5. Stellar Wind – Could overtake some of these listed above her, but hardly ever runs.
Sleeper: Calamity Katie – Back to back solid efforts have me thinking she could be a rising star in the division.
Pages: 1 2