Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Brewing (FL) – Isn’t it strange that Brewing became the first D Wayne Lukas three-year old to earn our first star of the week? If I would have told you that before the meet I probably would have been laughed at by everyone, including his trainer! However, Brewing has come on in a big way at Oaklawn, winning a maiden race and then the Gazebo Stakes in easy wire to wire fashion. His running style suggests six furlongs could be his limit, and it looks like the Bachelor Stakes on closing weekend is where he will be pointed to next.
– 2nd Star: Glacken Too (FL) – This one hasn’t run a bad race yet, although his Sunday allowance win was definitely the best race of his young career. The win was in wire to wire fashion, as he pulled away from all competition late to win by just over two lengths in the end. Just like Brewing, a race like the Bachelor or Northern Spur Stakes could be a nice fit for this horse next time out.
– 3rd Star: Jake Mo (KY) – Jake Mo certainly is no stranger to Oaklawn as he ran in the Smarty Jones, Southwest, Rebel, and Arkansas Derby in 2012, and also ran here twice in 2o13. What he has been a stranger to at Oaklawn is the winners circle, but that changed Friday when he won the feature race of the day. The win gives Jake Mo two wins in a row, and now he could be pointed back to stakes competition next time out. He had went a long time in between wins, but has found his form once again.
– Dunkin Bend (KY) – His seventh place effort in the Gazebo Stakes this Saturday was very disappointing, especially considering the fact that projected heavy favorite Boji Moon had scratched from the race. After the race is was found that Dunkin Bend has a breathing issue that will require surgery, so that explains the poor effort. Still, he’s no doubt the flop of the week.
– Friday: Arkansas Breeders Open Division Stakes – 3 Year olds and upward (Arkansas Bred) – 1 1/16th miles – Purse: $75,000
– Saturday: Rainbow Miss Stakes – 3 Year Old Fillies (Arkansas Bred) – 6 furlongs – Purse: $75,000
– Sunday: Rainbow Stakes – 3 Year Old Colts (Arkansas Bred) – 6 furlongs – Purse: $75,000
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
The Racing Dudes take a closer look and dish out… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss the latest updates for… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude go through their brackets in a… Read More
Aaron reviews last week’s Racing Dudes Rocket Picks to analyze… Read More
Welcome to Free Pick 4 Tuesday. Today, we have Pick… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Louisiana Derby (G2) from Fair Grounds,… Read More
Welcome to the 2023 Kentucky Derby Rankings! Each week leading… Read More
Brad Cox trainee The Alys Look faces off against the… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!