Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Racing Dudes Pick: #8 Clearly Now
Racing Dudes Longshot: #3 Vyjack
1. Capo Bastone (KY) – Hasn’t been able to win since his shocking upset in the King’s Bishop last year, and has lost to several in here when going head to head. It’s always hard to throw out Pletcher at Saratoga, especially one that’s pulled off an upset for him in the past, but there just isn’t any way I can see him winning.
2. Big Business (NY) – Three for three at the distance, but the step up in class will be very tough for him to handle. He’s taken a couple of shots in New York bred stakes races and ran ok, but finished second in both. Don’t see him fitting in well with this tougher bunch of horses.
3. Vyjack (KY) – Finally got back to sprinting last time out in the Vanderbilt and ran a pretty solid race, and the move up to seven furlongs should be ok for him. If he’s still got enough left in the tank he could make some noise in this spot. Nice value play.
4. Zee Bros (KY) – Not much of a fan of this horse past six furlongs. Certainly will fly to the lead and be a pace presence, but unless the track is really favoring speed I don’t think he can last on the lead.
5. Sensational Slam (ON) – Puzzling entry from a class standpoint, but he’s better than that last race he ran at Monmouth. Awfully hard spot for him…
6. Palace (NY) – Was extremely strong in the Vanderbilt last time out, but two races back he was beaten badly by Clearly Now at the exact same distance they’ll be running at today. It would be a great story if the New York Bred won both the big sprint races at the meet, but if Clearly Now shows up with his “A” game I don’t think Palace can match strides.
7. Falling Sky (PA) – Very nice showing to finish third in the Vanderbilt after a few bad races against tougher company in the past. He was beaten a little over three lengths, but did show some interest and was gaining mildly down the lane. More distance might help…not one to leave off underneath.
8. Clearly Now (KY) – If he shows up and runs the race he ran last time in the Belmont Sprint Championship then he’ll win this thing easily. I really don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t as he’s had plenty of time off and he loves this distance. Hopefully the price won’t be too low, but this is a deserving favorite.
9. Weekend Hideaway (NY) – State bred has won two races in a row against his peers, but now goes outside of state company and into the deep end of the pool. Much like Big Business, this may just be too much for him to handle.
10. Confrontation (KY) – He’s ran very well in allowance races, but it’s always tough to go from allowance winner straight to a Grade 1 race without anything in between. Wouldn’t be a total shock, but he’ll have to really show a lot of class.
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $1.25… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude take a look at the Rebel… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $400,000… Read More
Where does Timberlake rank as a Kentucky Derby (G1) contender… Read More
Aaron previews the 2024 Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) from… Read More
Aaron previews the 2024 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes from Turfway… Read More
George Krikorian’s homebred Just F Y I, the undefeated champion… Read More
The Brad Cox-trained Timberlake won the 2024 Rebel Stakes (G2)… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!