Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
OZONE PARK, NY – Familiar foes Mrs. Orb and Lucky Move, separated by a nose in last year’s edition, return for a rematch in Sunday’s $100,000 Bay Ridge Stakes at Aqueduct.
The Bay Ridge is a 1 1/8-mile restricted to New York-bred fillies and mares ages 3 and up. This year’s edition is the third event on a 9-race card and has a local post time of 1:18 PM.
( Content Continues Below Ad )
Here’s a look at the full field for the Bay Ridge:
1. Lucky Move 1/1 – She’s hit the board in 11 of 15 starts since owner Ten Strike Racing tagged for $30k in April 2019 and blossomed into a 2-time stakes champ in 2020. Her Obeah victory at Delaware Park came against open company and she exits a last-out score against her own kind in the Empire Distaff Handicap, both at 1 1/16 miles.
2. Firenze Freedom 10/1 – She earned her second career score last time out, defeating state-bred allowance rivals while going a one-turn mile at Belmont Park. Her older half-brother is Grade 1 and multiple graded stakes champ Firenze Fire, but this 3-year-old filly has leaps and bounds still to go after earning just a career-best 69 Beyer Speed Figure in her last start.
3. Sky Kitten 50/1 – She returns to the dirt after finishing a well-beaten sixth against $35k claimers on the local lawn, her first start since claimed for $14k out of a muddy 6-furlong sprint over this course. She won her career debut in an off-turf 7-furlong maiden special weight sprint at Saratoga against her own kind but still needs a career-best effort to contend here.
4. Kilkea 12/1 – She wired first-level state-bred allowance rivals in a 1 1/16-mile route over the local lawn last time out, earning a career-best 80 Beyer Speed Figure. Her best dirt finish was a well-beaten second over this course in March while still a maiden, but the 3-year-old filly seems to be improving with each start and trainer Mark Hennig wins 18% of similar surface swaps.
5. Singular Sensation 6/1 – She steps back up to the stakes level for the second time after finishing a well-beaten fifth in the Empire Distaff Handicap. She seems well-built for this distance (she defeated state-bred allowance rivals at Saratoga in July and missed by a neck at the same level and course last August), but she needs improved speed figures to win here.
6. Mrs. Orb 6/5 – The defending champ has finished second in each of her past 4 starts, including the Turnback the Alarm Handicap (G3) last time out and the Empire Distaff Handicap before that. She earned a career-best 91 Beyer Speed Figure in that last effort (held over this course and distance), and jockey Dylan Davis wins 26% of his mounts for trainer Mike Miceli.
The Magic Mike Show guys preview the Late Pick 5… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s $1,000,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys review the weekend’s biggest stakes… Read More
The Racing Dudes team hosted a roundtable discussion & fan… Read More
Aaron lists the top 5 best horse racing finishes that… Read More
Aaron recaps the recent Racing Dudes’ Best Bets, including which… Read More
Welcome to our weekly rankings of the top 5 best… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Ack Ack Stakes (G3) from Churchill… Read More
Saudi Crown won the 2023 Pennsylvania Derby (G1) at Parx… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!