Check out all the latest podcasts including The Magic Mike Show and Blinkers Off
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
ARCADIA, CA – LNJ Foxwoods’ Nasty makes her California racing debut against a deep group of fillies in Saturday’s $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (G3) at Santa Anita Park.
The Autumn Miss is a 1-mile turf route restricted to 3-year-old fillies. This year’s edition is the penultimate event on a -race card and has a local post time of PM.
( Content Continues Below Ad )
Here’s a look at the full field for the Autumn Miss:
1. Mind Out 8/1 – She steps up to the graded level for the first time after finishing fourth in the 5 1/2-furlong Unzip Me Stakes over this course last month. She earned a career-best 84 Beyer Speed Figure and stretches back out after finishing second or third in all 4 prior route attempts, plus new rider Drayden Van Dyke has a 21% strike rate for trainer Simon Callaghan.
2. Quiet Secretary 10/1 – She looked like a completely different horse when she tried routing for the first time 2 starts back and wired a field of maiden $40k claimers at Del Mar. She nearly went gate-to-wire again last time out over this course and distance against $50k starter allowance rivals, missing by just 3/4 of a length after getting caught late.
3. Nasty 4/1 – After failing to threaten in her first 2 starts while sprinting on dirt in the spring, she won back-to-back turf routes at Indiana Grand over the summer. She was a disappointing ninth last time out in the Indiana Grand Stakes, a 1-mile event held over yielding ground, but she should appreciate the firmer ground out west for new trainer Richard Baltas.
4. Guitty 4/1 – She takes a major class drop and cuts back in distance after finishing ninth against 3-year-old males in the 1 1/8-mile Del Mar Derby (G2). Both career victories came in 1-mile turf routes at Del Mar last fall and she missed by 3/4 of a length in the San Clemente Stakes (G2), so the distance fits, but she hasn’t run better than fifth in 3 prior local starts.
5. Warren’s Showtime 9/5 – The deserving morning line favorite has finished either first or third in 10 of her 12 career starts and all 3 local turf mile appearances resulted in stakes scores. She cuts back in distance after finishing third in the 1 1/8-mile Del Mar Oaks (G1), and the top two finishers returned to finish fourth and fifth in the Queen Elizabeth II (G1) last week.
6. Going to Vegas 8/1 – Baltas removes the blinkers from his second entry, whose only ever raced while wearing them in her 13 prior starts, which is a 14% winning move. Baltas and her ownership claimed her for $50k after she won over this course and distance back in June and has never risked her since; she missed by a head and 3/4 of a length in her last 2 starts.
7. Croughavouke 7/2 – The Irish-bred filly finally earned her first North American victory last time out, defeating Going to Vegas and others in a 1-mile Del Mar turf event while wearing blinkers for the first time. Regular rider Umberto Rispoli stays aboard the late-running Jeff Mullins trainee as she tries to break her 0-for-5 local record.
The Magic Mike Show guys preview and give their picks… Read More
TVG’s Caleb Keller joins the Magic Mike Show guys to… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give their picks for Saturday’s… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys are joined by Aaron Halterman… Read More
Magic and Michael preview and give their picks for Saturday’s… Read More
LOUISVILLE, KY – Saturday might be closing day at Churchill… Read More
LOUISVILLE, KY – Saturday’s Stephen Foster Stakes (G2) undercard at… Read More
NORTH RANDALL, OH – This Saturday’s $500,000 Ohio Derby (G3)… Read More
LOUISVILLE, KY – Off since finishing eighth in last November’s… Read More
#RickysRockets🚀 certainly enjoyed the return to Arcadia, California this past… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Be the first to access our daily free and premium picks, articles, podcasts, and more!