Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
ARCADIA, CA – LNJ Foxwoods’ Nasty makes her California racing debut against a deep group of fillies in Saturday’s $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (G3) at Santa Anita Park.
The Autumn Miss is a 1-mile turf route restricted to 3-year-old fillies. This year’s edition is the penultimate event on a -race card and has a local post time of PM.
( Content Continues Below Ad )
Here’s a look at the full field for the Autumn Miss:
1. Mind Out 8/1 – She steps up to the graded level for the first time after finishing fourth in the 5 1/2-furlong Unzip Me Stakes over this course last month. She earned a career-best 84 Beyer Speed Figure and stretches back out after finishing second or third in all 4 prior route attempts, plus new rider Drayden Van Dyke has a 21% strike rate for trainer Simon Callaghan.
2. Quiet Secretary 10/1 – She looked like a completely different horse when she tried routing for the first time 2 starts back and wired a field of maiden $40k claimers at Del Mar. She nearly went gate-to-wire again last time out over this course and distance against $50k starter allowance rivals, missing by just 3/4 of a length after getting caught late.
3. Nasty 4/1 – After failing to threaten in her first 2 starts while sprinting on dirt in the spring, she won back-to-back turf routes at Indiana Grand over the summer. She was a disappointing ninth last time out in the Indiana Grand Stakes, a 1-mile event held over yielding ground, but she should appreciate the firmer ground out west for new trainer Richard Baltas.
4. Guitty 4/1 – She takes a major class drop and cuts back in distance after finishing ninth against 3-year-old males in the 1 1/8-mile Del Mar Derby (G2). Both career victories came in 1-mile turf routes at Del Mar last fall and she missed by 3/4 of a length in the San Clemente Stakes (G2), so the distance fits, but she hasn’t run better than fifth in 3 prior local starts.
5. Warren’s Showtime 9/5 – The deserving morning line favorite has finished either first or third in 10 of her 12 career starts and all 3 local turf mile appearances resulted in stakes scores. She cuts back in distance after finishing third in the 1 1/8-mile Del Mar Oaks (G1), and the top two finishers returned to finish fourth and fifth in the Queen Elizabeth II (G1) last week.
6. Going to Vegas 8/1 – Baltas removes the blinkers from his second entry, whose only ever raced while wearing them in her 13 prior starts, which is a 14% winning move. Baltas and her ownership claimed her for $50k after she won over this course and distance back in June and has never risked her since; she missed by a head and 3/4 of a length in her last 2 starts.
7. Croughavouke 7/2 – The Irish-bred filly finally earned her first North American victory last time out, defeating Going to Vegas and others in a 1-mile Del Mar turf event while wearing blinkers for the first time. Regular rider Umberto Rispoli stays aboard the late-running Jeff Mullins trainee as she tries to break her 0-for-5 local record.
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $400,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude take a look at some of… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $1.25… Read More
Get the 2024 Fountain of Youth Betting Bible, featuring our EXACT race-by-race… Read More
Vinny from Real Dynasty Picks gives his horse racing best… Read More
Dr. Miranda gives her win picks from Saturday’s 3 Kentucky… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!