Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
1. Union Rags – He commands the top spot for another week, but I don’t think he is above and beyond the rest of them like many people think. He’ll most likely face a decent field in the Florida Derby so we’ll see how that goes.
2. El Padrino – He’s looked flawless in his two races this year, and has had the best beyer of any going farther than one mile. Most likely he’ll ship back to Fair Grounds for the Louisiana Derby.
3. Hansen – He was professional in his Gotham romp. The field may not have been that great, but Hansen rated well and got a pretty wide trip.
4. Secret Circle – Question marks still loom large about how far he wants to run, but this is one talented and fast horse.
5. Alpha – Will be running in the Wood Memorial or Florida Derby next. Still must prove he can win a big race outside of New York.
6. Sabercat – The San Felipe at Santa Anita this weekend could be his first race of the year, or he could run in the Rebel at Oaklawn on the 17th.
7. Mark Valeski – He ran a huge second in the Risen Star. His effort reminded me of Scatman’s close second to Secret Circle in the Southwest. Very interesting prospect as we move forward as trainer Larry Jones says he doesn’t think we’ve seen Mark Valeski’s best race.
8. Castaway – Very nice win in the Southwest Stakes; should be better as the distance gets longer. Still awaiting word on his next race.
9. Gemologist – I’ve heard the Rebel at Oaklawn will be this one’s first start of 2012. I’ve read mixed reviews on his recent workouts at Palm Meadows.
10. I’ll Have Another – He’ll most likely make his next start in the Santa Anita Derby.
11. Creative Cause – Even though he finished 3rd in the San Vicente Stakes last weekend he should get better with distance. I’ve heard the Rebel could be next for him as well.
12. News Pending – He was a distant second to Union Rags in the Fountain of Youth, but he looks like a horse that’s going to love going long.
13. Bodemeister – He’s only a maiden winner, but he won that race like a freak. Awaiting an announcement on where he’ll run next.
14. Fed Biz – Recently won an allowance at Santa Anita; looks like his next race will be the San Felipe this Saturday at Santa Anita.
15. Scatman – Ran the race of his life when finishing a close second to Secret Circle in the Southwest. Will run in the Rebel at Oaklawn next.
16. Discreet Dancer – Was a distant third to Union Rags in the first defeat of his career. Most will drop him off their list, but I’m willing to give him one more chance.
17. Dullahan – He’s been working out, but still awaiting a race from him this year.
18. Daddy Nose Best – Nice win at Golden Gate in the El Camino Real Derby; would like to see a solid dirt performance before I get to crazy over him.
19. Take Charge Indy – He’s a new member of the Top 20 this week. He finished second to El Padrino in his last race, and will most likely run in the Tampa Bay Derby this weekend.
20. Z Dager – With the news of Out Of Bounds being injured, Z Dager makes the list this week because of his two consistent runs in the LeComte and Risen Star. He’s developing nicely and deserves a shot again to defeat some of the others ranked ahead of him.
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $1.25… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude take a look at the Rebel… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $400,000… Read More
Aaron previews the 2024 Rebel Stakes (G2) from Oaklawn Park,… Read More
The Todd Fincher-trained Senor Buscador won the 2024 Saudi Cup… Read More
The Yoshito Yahagi-trained Forever Young won the 2024 Saudi Derby… Read More
Vinny from Real Dynasty Picks gives his horse racing best… Read More
Dr. Miranda explains why she thinks Carbone will win the… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!