1. I’ll Have Another Scratches from the Belmont
The possibility for the Triple Crown to finally be won was thrown out the window, as well as a horse that looked almost unbeatable in his division.
2. Paynter Recovers from Near Death; Will Race in 2013
For several weeks it looked as though the Paynter was not going to live. Now he’s fully recovered and head to the Bob Baffert barn in hopes of competing in 2013
3. Wise Dan Wins the Breeders Cup Mile
Wise Dan went on quite a roll in the 2nd half of 2012 when switching to the turf, and won the Breeders Cup Mile in record-setting time.
4. Bob Baffert has Heart Attack; then Heart Break in Triple Crown and Breeders Cup Races
Bob Baffert suffered a heart attack in Dubai, and then finished 2nd in ALL THREE Triple Crown Races. He also was shut out at the Breeders Cup.
5. Royal Delta Wins Back to Back Breeders Cup Ladies Classics
This one does not need much explanation, as she simply has been awesome in this race for two straight years. Will she go for three, or try the boys next time?
6. Bodemeister, Union Rags, and I’ll Have Another all Retired After Triple Crown Ends
The three-year olds showed mass talented this year, but most of them were retired far too soon due to injury.
7. Dead Heat in the Travers
It was the first dead heat ever in the glorious race, and gave us a lot of excitement for a race that lacked the major stars of the division.
8. Shackleford; Stay Thirsty both End Their Careers with Victories
Two solid horses were able to exit the game on top. A feel good story for both.
9. Shanghai Bobby goes Undefeated in his Two Year Old Campaign
He’s the big horse as we move from two-year olds to three-year olds, but can he keep up as other horse mature?
10. Eblouissante Wins in Her Debut
Zenyatta’s little sister stormed home in her debut much like the Queen herself. Now we all are waiting to see what she does next.