Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
ARCADIA, CA – After sprinting in his first start off the bench, Harris Farms homebred Fashionably Fast is set to defend his title in Sunday’s $100,000 Tiznow Stakes at Santa Anita Park.
The Tiznow is a mile-long dirt route restricted to California-breds ages 4 and up. This year’s edition is the penultimate event on a 9-race card and has a local post time of 4:17 PM.
Here’s a look at the full field for the Tiznow:
1. Desmond Doss 4/1 – After winning twice in 7 turf starts to begin his career, he switched to dirt and nearly won a 6-furlong sprint 2 starts back, then stretched out to win gate to wire over this course and distance last out. Those dirt efforts came against state-bred optional claimers, though, so he’ll have to be sharp to repeat against this stout group.
2. Margot’s Boy 5/1 – He returns to dirt after finishing a non-threatening ninth in January’s Sunshine Millions Turf Classic Stakes against his own kind on the local lawn. He finished third in both prior dirt mile route attempts, but those came against lower-level optional claimers at Los Alamitos. All 3 wins came going this distance, albeit on turf.
3. Brandothebartender 3/1 – He cuts back in distance by a furlong after finishing a well-beaten second against open company optional claimers here in early February. Elite jockey Umberto Rispoli rides for the third straight time and has an overall record of 7-0-3-3, but the veteran 8-year-old’s only dirt win in 40 starts to date was a Los Alamitos sprint.
4. Surfing Star 4/1 – He sped to the lead but weakened once headed and faded to fifth last out in the same open company race that Brandothebartender exits. That was his first start in over 3 months, so he has room to improve here, but he was a well-beaten third in the 2019 edition of this race 1 start before missing 16 months of action.
5. Fashionably Fast 6/5 – The deserving morning line favorite returns to routing for just the third time, but along with winning last year’s race, he was second in his only other dirt route attempt. He returned from over 4 months away to finish third in the 6-furlong California Cup Sprint against state-breds last time out and should be ultra-tough here.
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $1.25… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude take a look at the Rebel… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $400,000… Read More
Where does Timberlake rank as a Kentucky Derby (G1) contender… Read More
Aaron previews the 2024 Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) from… Read More
Aaron previews the 2024 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes from Turfway… Read More
George Krikorian’s homebred Just F Y I, the undefeated champion… Read More
The Brad Cox-trained Timberlake won the 2024 Rebel Stakes (G2)… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!