Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
LEXINGTON, KY – Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott’s Frank’s Rockette looks ready for blast-off after firing a bullet 5-furlong work in her final preparation for Saturday’s $250,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (G2) at Keeneland.
The TCA is a 6-furlong dirt sprint restricted to fillies and mares ages 3 and up that serves as the seventh event on an 11-race card with a local post time of 4:12 PM. The race is also a Breeders’ Cup “Win and You’re In” event, awarding an automatic berth in the 2021 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint at Del Mar this November.
Subscribe to Racing Dudes Premium today and receive not only our 2021 Keeneland Turf Mile wagering guide, but also get our upcoming Inside Track to the 2021 Breeders’ Cup included absolutely FREE!
Here’s a look at the full field for the TCA:
1. Frank’s Rockette 5/2 – She cuts back to arguably her best distance after getting off slowly and rallying to finish third by a neck in the 7-furlong Seeking the Pearl Stakes at Colonial Downs. She has the tactical speed necessary to set the pace if need be or sit off if things get too hot early, and with seemingly only one other speed rival in this short field, that may give her a slight edge.
2. Club Car 10/1 – She adds blinkers for the first time in her 21-race career as she returns from a layoff; when last seen, she was a runaway winner of the 6-furlong West Virginia Secretary of State Stakes at Mahoning Valley. The consistent 5-year-old hasn’t missed the board in 6 starts this year (2-2-2 mark), but she’ll need to run a career-best off the bench if she hopes to win her second stakes.
Did you know active subscribers receive our Inside Track wagering guides absolutely FREE? Subscribe today and be the first to receive our upcoming MONSTER wagering guide to the 2021 Breeders’ Cup!
3. Inthemidstofbiz 10/1 – The defending race champion missed over 7 months after her 13/1 upset that day but returned to gamely wire Indiana Grand optional claimers going this distance in May. She missed 3 months before resurfacing on the Presque Isle Downs synthetic course, where she finished fourth in the 6-furlong Satin N Lace Stakes. Look for her to be prominent early versus this group.
4. Estilo Talentoso 5/2 – This consistent 4-year-old has finished on the board in 15 of 16 career starts, though she’s been a bit camera-shy with just 3 wins during that period. She finished in a dead heat for second in the 7-furlong Madison Stakes (G1) here earlier this season in her only prior Keeneland appearance and could sharpen up while cutting back to this distance for the first time.
5. Miss Mosaic 15/1 – She gives graded stakes action a third try after failing to hit the board in her prior attempts, including finishing fifth in the 6-furlong Honorable Miss Handicap (G2) at Saratoga last time out. The rival who won that day drew directly outside her in this spot and her only 2 victories came on Turfway Park’s synthetic main track. Like Club Car, she hails from the Ben Colebrook barn.
6. Bell’s the One 7/5 – Her 2-race win streak ended in the Open Mind Stakes at Churchill Downs last time out, where her 1/2-length defeat was her first loss in 6 starts while running 6 furlongs. The Grade 1 and multiple graded stakes winner is arguably the most talented runner in the field, but she needs a hot pace to chase in order for her late turn of foot to prove most successful.
The Magic Mike Show guys preview and give their tickets… Read More
The Racing Dudes give their picks for several prop bets… Read More
With Mike dining on prime filets and freshly-caught shrimp, Magic… Read More
The Racing Dudes take a look at all 14 Breeders’… Read More
On November 5-6, 2021, the 38th annual Breeders’ Cup World… Read More
The 2021 Breeders’ Cup World Championships are two weeks out!… Read More
We are now just two weeks away from the Breeders’… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!