Stellar Wind Likely Heading to Kentucky for Final BC Prep

Stellar Wind is bypassing today’s Zenyatta Stakes (Grade 1), and likely heading to the Oct. 4 Juddmonte Spinster Stakes (Grade 1) at Keeneland, according to trainer John Sadler. It seems likely this would serve as a final prep for the Breeders’ Cup Distaff (Grade 1) at Keeneland.

According to Blood-Horse, the trainer wouldn’t commit officially to the Spinster Saturday morning, after Stellar Wind worked five furlongs in :59 2/5 under Victor Espinoza at Santa Anita, but said he will make a decision on whether to ship her Sept. 27.

“I don’t know yet,” Sadler said. “I’ve got to look at the horse and look at the field. We’ll make a call tomorrow, but it was a good work this morning.”

To Top