Each week, this important article will provide the standings, power rankings, and recent transactions for every league member. Not only will you see the latest claims in the league (which will show you what horses might be up-and-coming), but you will also get updates on the runners as they prepare for their next starts along the Kentucky Derby Trail. Let’s check out all the latest transactions and scoring updates:
|Ranking||Team||Score||Current Team Members|
|1||Aaron Halterman||50||Independence Hall, Azul Coast, Authentic, Little Menace, Alex Joon|
|2||The Magic Mike Show||25||Tiz the Law, Bellavia, Chestertown, Enforceable, Tizamagician|
|3||Real Dynasty||15||Green Light Go, Mr. Monomoy, Soros, Silver State, Unamed Horse (Empire Maker/Silver Colors)|
|T4||Austin Elsey and Steve "Evil Steveil" Ronchetto||1||Ancient Warrior, Ajaaweed, Answer In, American Theorem, Finnick the Fierce|
|T4||Brandon "B$" Bauer||1||Dennis' Moment, High Velocity, Silver Prospector, Thunder Code, Glory Road|
|T4||Mike "Saratoga Slim" Spector||1||Structor, Three Technique, Scabbord, Country Grammer, No Parole|
|T7||Jon White/Ryan Stillman||(-5)||Honor A.P., Storm the Court, Basin, Chance It, Untitled|
|T7||Jared Welch||(-5)||Maxfield, Eight Rings, Toledo, Shoplifted, Taraz|
|9||Dan "Wise Dan" Waite||(-9)||Anneau d'Or, Gouverneur Morris, Shotski, Sonneman, Lynn's Map|
|10||Paul "Free Beers" Withrow||(-19)||Thousand Words, Ra'ad, Nadal, Necker Island, Caracaro|
- Paul “Free Beers” Withrow CLAIMED Caracaro and DROPPED South Bend
- Mike “Saratoga Slim” Spector CLAIMED No Parole and DROPPED Moon Over Miami
The “Power Rankings” feature teams’ odds to win the contest, as well as an update on every horse on a team. Here we go:
1. Aaron Halterman (2/1)
- Independence Hall – A win in the Jerome Stakes got this team off to a solid start.
- Azul Coast – He got going late in the race to finish second in the Sham Stakes (G3).
- Authentic – The Sham Stakes (G3) announced his arrival as a major Kentucky Derby contender.
- Little Menace – After breaking his maiden at Churchill Downs, he was sent to Oaklawn Park, where he’ll likely make a start on opening weekend.
- Alex Joon – He broke his maiden at Churchill Downs on December 1; however, he has not returned to the work tab.
2. The Magic Mike Show (5/1)
- Tiz the Law – He recently got back on the workout tab and has the Holy Bull Stakes (G3) at Gulfstream Park as his first target.
- Bellavia – An impressive maiden special weight win at Belmont Park has this horse getting plenty of hype. He has yet to work since that October 23 win, though.
- Chestertown – We’ll see him this weekend in an allowance event at Fair Grounds.
- Enforceable – He’ll be one of many league runners in this weekend’s Lecomte Stakes (G3).
- Tizamagician – The team mascot earned a maiden-breaking victory at Santa Anita Park on New Year’s Day.
3. Jared Welch (6/1)
- Maxfield – Look for him to make an impact later in the season after an injury forced him to miss the last two months of 2019.
- Eight Rings – This Grade 1 winner has class; however, he hasn’t had a recorded workout since December 1. He is said to be targeting the Rebel Stakes (G2) at Oaklawn Park.
- Toledo – His recent runner-up effort in a Gulfstream Park allowance event was not encouraging.
- Shoplifted – The Remington Park Springboard Mile winner continues to record workouts, with his latest one coming at Oaklawn Park.
- American Butterfly – Look for him to target the Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park for his 2020 debut.
4. Jon White/Ryan Stillman (8/1)
- Honor A. P. – Uh oh… the defending champs suffered a set back when this colt missed the Sham Stakes (G3). We still have no news on his status.
- Storm the Court – The Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) winner has had three recent workouts as he prepares for 2020. The San Vicente Stakes (G2) and the San Felipe Stakes (G2) are on his radar.
- Basin – The Hopeful Stakes (G1) winner will likely impact the Derby Trail later in the season after an injury forced him to miss some time.
- Chance It – He earned a hard-fought victory in the Mucho Macho Man Stakes last time out.
- Untitled – The newest member of the team will try to build off of an impressive debut maiden victory that saw him sell privately and change barns to Mark Casse.
5. Austin Elsey/Steve “Evil Steveil” Ronchetto (8/1)
- Ancient Warrior – Plenty of hype surrounds this Del Mar maiden special weight winner. His most recent workout came at Los Alamitos on January 12.
- Ajaaweed – He closed fast to finish second in the Remsen Stakes (G2) at Aqueduct.
- Answer In – His first stakes effort was solid, finishing a tough-luck second in the Remington Park Springboard Mile.
- American Theorem – He’s back to work at Santa Anita Park and is preparing for a March return.
- Finnick the Fierce – He’ll makes his 2020 debut this weekend in the Lecomte Stakes (G3).
6. Mike “Saratoga Slim” Spector (8/1)
- Structor – The undefeated turf star will make his first dirt start when he steps onto the Kentucky Derby Trail in 2020.
- Three Technique – The New Yorker moved to Oaklawn Park to run in the Arkansas track’s 3-year-old series.
- Scabbard – He’ll look to take the Fair Grounds route to the Kentucky Derby, with his sights set on this weekends Lecomte Stakes (G3).
- Country Grammer – This son of Tonalist showed great promise when breaking his maiden at Aqueduct last time out. However, his latest work came on November 30.
- No Parole – The latest pick up for this team has been impressive in two starts at Fair Grounds.
7. Brandon “B$” Bauer (10/1)
- Dennis’ Moment – He’s back at the Dale Romans barn after some rest and will look to get things started in February or March.
- High Velocity – He’s been working steadily at Santa Anita Park after finishing third in the Los Alamitos Futurity (G2).
- Silver Prospector – Three recent works at Fair Grounds suggest that he’s ready to roll after upsetting the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (G2) last time out.
- Thunder Code – This maiden will likely return in March.
- Glory Road – He was an impressive maiden special weight winner at Saratoga; however, his last workout came on November 19.
8. Paul “Free Beers” Withrow (12/1)
- Thousand Words – The Los Alamitos Futurity (G2) winner has worked impressively at Santa Anita Park and is targeting the Robert B. Lewis Stakes (G3) for his next start.
- Ra’ad – He put in a nice 4-furlong work at Santa Anita Park on January 10 as he prepares for his 2020 campaign.
- Shashashakemeup – Let’s see if he can bounce back this weekend in the Lecomte Stakes (G3).
- Necker Island – After two victories at Churchill Downs, this colt is now working steadily at Palm Meadows.
- Caracaro – This recent claim earned a 92 Beyer for his impressive maiden special weight score at Gulfstream Park.
9. Real Dynasty (12/1)
- Green Light Go – Impressive as a 2-year-old, he is back to work after a small break.
- Mr. Monomoy – He’ll run in this weekend’s Lecomte Stakes (G3), which features several fantasy horses.
- Soros – A nice win in the Smooth Air Stakes at Gulfstream Park earned this horse some hype.
- Silver State – He’ll also run in this weekend’s Lecomte Stakes (G3).
- (Empire Maker/Silver Colors) – Still no name for the most famous horse in the league.
10. Dan “Wise Dan” Waite (15/1)
- Anneau d’Or – The Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) and Los Alamitos Futurity (G2) runner-up will likely make his 2020 debut in the El Camino Real Derby at Golden Gate.
- Gouverneur Morris – This Todd Pletcher trainee has a lot of hype and is back to work at Palm Beach Downs as he prepares for his 2020 debut.
- Shotski – A big win in the Remsen Stakes (G2) showed that this horse could be for real.
- Sonneman – He broke his maiden nicely at Belmont Park in October; however, he has no recorded workouts since.
- Lynn’s Map – The recent Fair Grounds allowance winner will run in the Lecomte Stakes (G3) this weekend.