1. Honor Code – Preparing for his final Breeders’ Cup prep this week at Belmont Park.
2. Liam’s Map – Wire to wire win easily in the Woodward Stakes combined with a nose loss to the top horse in the Whitney makes him an easy selection for the second best horse in the division.
3. Shared Belief – Is back to light training with 2016 in mind.
4. California Chrome – Out for the rest of the year, but his future could be bright in 2016.
5. Tonalist – Runs this Saturday in the Jockey Club Gold Cup at Belmont Park. Won the race last year as a three year old.
Sleeper: The Pizza Man – How cool is this horse? Won the Arlington Million in his own back yard as the local crowd went crazy.
1. Beholder – Returned in the Zenyatta Stakes and looked just as good as always. Breeders’ Cup up next!
2. Wedding Toast – Returned to Belmont and dominated the Beldame. With Beholder pointing for the Classic this is your Distaff favorite.
3. Sheer Drama – Interesting alternative to Wedding Toast as she has done nothing but improve all year long.
4. Stopchargingmaria – Finally ran a bad race at the Spa, and we know she’s not great. However, the resume is still solid.
5. Untapable – Not even close to the same filly as last year as we’ve seen it time and time again now.
Sleeper: Got Lucky – Don’t look for her to be a world beater, but she’s running tough right now.
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – A shocking defeat in the Travers Stakes, however he’s still best in this division by a mile.
2. Frosted – Huge for him to get back into the winners circle in the Pennsylvania Derby. His body of work puts him clearly second best in the division.
3. Keen Ice – Beat the Triple Crown winner and could be the most improved horse in racing.
4. Dortmund – Is training very well with the first big goal being the Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs.
5. Firing Line – It’s odd to put him back into the rankings WITHOUT running a race, but nobody else is stepping up right now.
Sleeper: Runhappy – Might want to track this horse from here on out. HUGE effort in the King’s Bishop to beat a great field. Could be a rising superstar.
3 Year Old Female
1. Lady Eli – The outlook of her battle with laminitis looks very promising as the news had been very good regarding her lately.
2. I’m a Chatterbox – Big win in the Cotillion CLEARY makes her second best in this division going into the Breeders Cup.
3. Curalina – Not a bad effort in the Beldame to finish second to Wedding Toast, but she clearly was never going to catch her.
4. Lovely Maria – Still has that Kentucky Oaks win to her credit, but isn’t anywhere near that form now.
5. Stellar Wind – Looks to be heading to Keeneland for her final prep. We still believe this horse could shoot up the rankings.
Sleeper: Calamity Katie – Back to back solid efforts have me thinking she could be a rising star in the division.
Pages: 1 2