1. Honor Code – Two huge Grade 1 wins in a row against tough fields! He’s earned the top spot and proved he can go two turns now.
2. Liam’s Map – Wire to wire win easily in the Woodward Stakes combined with a nose loss to the top horse in the Whitney makes him an easy selection for the second best horse in the division.
3. Shared Belief – It doesn’t look like he’ll be back in 2015 which is a real shame.
4. California Chrome – Out for the rest of the year, but his future could be bright in 2016.
5. Tonalist – He is what he is…a very good horse that just hasn’t quite been good enough to take home a big time race this year. Consistent on the board finisher.
Sleeper: The Pizza Man – How cool is this horse? Won the Arlington Million in his own back yard as the local crowd went crazy.
1. Beholder – She locked up this division with a performance in the Pacific Classic that was almost too good to believe!
2. Sheer Drama – She’s a clear second best now in a division that is just lacking in talent after Beholder.
3. Wedding Toast – We haven’t seen her since her impressive win on Belmont Stakes day…not looking good that we’ll see her again this year.
4. Stopchargingmaria – Finally ran a bad race at the Spa, and we know she’s not great. However, the resume is still solid.
5. Untapable – Not even close to the same filly as last year as we’ve seen it time and time again now.
Sleeper: Got Lucky – Don’t look for her to be a world beater, but she’s running tough right now.
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – A shocking defeat in the Travers Stakes, however he’s still best in this division by a mile.
2. Keen Ice – Took down the Triple Crown champion, is getting better with each race, and already had an impressive resume of second and thirds against the top flight of competition.
3. Frosted – Helped Keen Ice win the Travers as he pressed American Pharoah every step of the way. Quality horse…just can’t buy a win right now.
4. Dortmund – Is back in training and if he comes back strong he could be very dangerous.
5. Upstart – Second race off the layoff he improved a bit more…not top class but still running respectable.
Sleeper: Runhappy – Might want to track this horse from here on out. HUGE effort in the King’s Bishop to beat a great field. Could be a rising superstar.
3 Year Old Female
1. Lady Eli – An amazing performance as she destroyed the field in the Belmont Oaks. Terrible news that she now has laminitis…future is in question although the prognosis is getting better.
2. I’m a Chatterbox – Her second place effort in the Alabama was good enough to keep her in this spot.
3. Curalina – Flattened out some in the Alabama Stakes…might be better going shorter.
4. Lovely Maria – Still has that Kentucky Oaks win to her credit, but isn’t anywhere near that form now.
5. Embellish the Lace – Wire to wire win in the Alabama in dominating fashion! Could be a major player in this division with a repeated effort.
Sleeper: Stellar Wind – Finally got back to the races and ran terrific. Might have the most talent out of everyone in the division, now just needs to build her resume for a Breeders’ Cup run. That might be a bit of a gamble in that spot. If that’s more your thing, check out the official Casino Shortlist website.
Pages: 1 2