1. Honor Code – Two huge Grade 1 wins in a row against tough fields! He’s earned the top spot and proved he can go two turns now.
2. Shared Belief – It doesn’t look like he’ll be back in 2015 which is a real shame.
3. California Chrome – Out for the rest of the year, but his future could be bright in 2016.
4. Liam’s Map – An incredible performance in the Whitney and some will argue it should have been a winning effort. Huge talent who might be perfect at a mile.
5. Tonalist – He is what he is…a very good horse that just hasn’t quite been good enough to take home a big time race this year. Consistent on the board finisher.
Sleeper: The Pizza Man – How cool is this horse? Won the Arlington Million in his own back yard as the local crowd went crazy.
1. Beholder – She locked up this division with a performance in the Pacific Classic that was almost too good to believe!
2. Stopchargingmaria – Took care of Untapable while winning the Shuvee Handicap at Saratoga, and could to it again this weekend.
3. Wedding Toast – We haven’t seen her since her impressive win on Belmont Stakes day.
4. Sheer Drama – Turned the tables on Frivolous last time in the Delaware Handicap. Might be ready to make some noise.
5. Untapable – Still running decent races however its painfully clear she’s not the same horse right now. Will try again at Saratoga this Saturday.
Sleeper: La Verdad – Her sprinting ability is better than any filly right now.
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – Returns this week in the Travers Stakes!
2. Dortmund – Back on the workout tab, and looks to be getting closer to a race.
3. Frosted – Takes his shot at American Pharoah and Texas Red this weekend in the Travers Stakes.
4. Texas Red – Huge win in the Jim Dandy, and could jump up to the #2 spot with another big effort in the Travers Stakes.
5. Keen Ice – Also pointing towards the Travers Stakes, and could pass some of these above him with a nice showing.
Sleeper: Upstart – His Haskell performance wasn’t bad, and gives him something to build on.
3 Year Old Female
1. Lady Eli – An amazing performance as she destroyed the field in the Belmont Oaks. Terrible news that she now has laminitis…future is in question although the prognosis is getting better.
2. I’m a Chatterbox – Her second place effort in the Alabama was good enough to keep her in this spot.
3. Curalina – Flattened out some in the Alabama Stakes…might be better going shorter.
4. Lovely Maria – Still has that Kentucky Oaks win to her credit, but isn’t anywhere near that form now.
5. Embellish the Lace – Wire to wire win in the Alabama in dominating fashion! Could be a major player in this division with a repeated effort.
Sleeper: Stellar Wind – Need her to run soon…can’t wait around forever.
1. Secret Circle – Awesome win in Dubai…horse is a warrior.
2. Rock Fall – Stepped up in competition and passed the test with flying colors. Becoming a top notch sprinter.
3. Private Zone – Super consistent…brings his front running speed every single time.
4. Masochistic – Simply awesome performance in the Triple Bend at Santa Anita, and ran another good race in the Bing Crosby.
5. Work All Week – Not moving him up the rankings because he won such an easy race…but it looks like he’s BACK.
Sleeper: Wild Dude – Lost nothing in defeat last weekend in the Pat O’Brien.