Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
1. California Chrome – Quite a duel with Dortmund, but he knew where the wire was in another huge effort in the San Diego Handicap. Up next…the Pacific Classic!
2. Frosted – Another unbelievable performance by Frosted as he won the Whitney Stakes with basically a hand ride. Only flaw on his resume this year is the Dubai World Cup.
3. Flintshire – Another “wow” performance for this beast on the turf. Who can match up with him right now in the male turf division? Nobody!
4. Melatonin– Proved his worth for the third straight race as now I’m completely sold that he’s for real. Now has two Grade 1 victories at the classic mile and one quarter distance.
5. Dortmund – If he can stay healthy and keep running as well as he did in the San Diego Handicap he’ll be tough to handle. Pointing towards a rematch in the Pacific Classic with California Chrome next.
Sleeper: Effinex– He is so up and down, but that’s what makes people forget about him. At his best he can run with anyone.
1. Tepin – Looks like she’ll be skipping the Fourstardave at Saratoga as Casse believes she’s not ready to run just yet. Could start later in the meet or at Woodbine next.
2. Beholder – The Pacific Classic is “50/50” as of now after her loss at Del Mar. Still has earned the right to stay #2 for now.
3. Stellar Wind – She takes down Beholder!! What an amazing effort by Stellar Wind in the Clement L. Hirsch Stakes. She’s come back as an extremely strong four year old.
4. Cavorting – Awaiting her next race as she’s been running as good as anyone in this division to kick off the year.
5. Curalina – Even though it was a short field in the Shuvee Handicap last weekend, Curalina was fantastic. In two of her three races this year she’s looked unbeatable.
Sleeper: Forever Unbridled – People are forgetting about her as she hasn’t ran in awhile, but she’s been extremely solid so far this year.
1. Exaggerator– He’s goes to the Haskell Stakes and gets the track he loves once again. Things have worked out well for Exaggerator, and his resume now suggests he’s the top horse in the division. His head to head races with Nyquist THIS YEAR are now 2-2, and Exaggerator now holds a 2-1 advantage in races ran around two turns.
2. Nyquist – All of the sudden Nyquist can’t rate off the pace…and all of the sudden he can’t win. Maybe he just really hates the slop. He must regain his prior races soon or this divisional award is going to slowly keep slipping away.
3. Creator– I’ll keep him at #3 for now, but he has to run better next time out. His Jim Dandy was a totally disaster.
4. Gun Runner– May have just hated the slop at Monmouth in the Haskell Stakes as he never looked comfortable. I’ll give him a mulligan.
5. American Freedom– We all thought this horse was developing into something very nice, and now we know it for sure. Great effort in the Haskell Stakes as now we know he’s arrived on the scene.
Sleeper: Laoban– All you can do is laugh at this one…but hey if he can repeat that Jim Dandy effort he’ll have a shot in the Travers Stakes.
1. Songbird– Just a fantastic effort in the Coaching Club American Oaks which puts her back in the top spot. Staying in Saratoga and pointing towards the Alabama next as she looks to add to her resume.
2. Catch a Glimpse – My apologizes to her as I think she’s AWESOME, but Songbird is the boss again after her Saratoga romp.
3. Cathryn Sophia – Needs to rebound from her poor Acorn effort and get back to rolling soon. There are quality fillies behind her at the moment.
4. Carina Mia – Deserves a lot of credit for trying to take on Songbird, but was just simply second best in the Coaching Club American Oaks.
5. Go Maggie Go – Perhaps she was due to bounce a little bit off two back to back big efforts. Will give her a pass for now.
Sleeper: Off The Tracks – Even though she finished third in the Test Stakes I still thought she ran an incredible race.
1. Lord Nelson – Another massive performance in the Grade 1 Bing Crosby, and this time at 6 furlongs. Definitely the top dog in the division now.
2. A. P. Indian – Just like Lord Nelson this horse has stamped himself now as one of the top sprinters with back to back flawless efforts.
3. X Y Jet – Was running better than anyone before the injury. Hope he comes back 100% when he returns.
4. Kobe’s Back– No way I’m going to penalize him for his Triple Bend Stakes effort because the ride was poor. He’ll be fine.
5. Private Zone – Has to rebound with a better effort next time out or he’ll fall out of the rankings.
Sleeper: Marking – His narrow loss to A. P. Indian last time out looks very good now. He’s flying way under the radar.
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s $750,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Papa Dude and Aaron are back to give all their… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys recap the weekend’s biggest horse… Read More
The Racing Dudes dive deep into legendary horse player and… Read More
Mike previews the 2022 Matriarch Stakes (G1) from Del Mar,… Read More
Mike previews the 2022 NYSS Staten Island from Aqueduct, then… Read More
Let’s kick off another great Sunday of racing! For the… Read More
Dubyuhnell outdueled Arctic Arrogance in an exciting stretch drive to… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!