1. Wise Dan – Even though he was overpowering in the Firecracker, he still gave us a thrill.
2. Game on Dude – Runs in the Hollywood Gold Cup this week as he looks to continue his California dominance.
3. Fort Larned – Performance of the year in the Stephen Foster. Will be impossible to beat with that kind of form.
4. Graydar – Sidelined with injury for the Fall/Spring…will return this Summer at Saratoga. Serious horse if he comes back running strong.
5. Sahara Sky – Tremendous job running down Cross Traffic in the Met Mile.
Sleeper: Paynter – HUGE comeback race off near death, Cinderella story in the making!
1. Royal Delta – We’ll give her one mulligan, and the Fleur de Lis is it. Must improve greatly off that effort or this division become wide open.
2. Tiz Miz Sue – Became a millionaire and won her first Grade 1 on the same day. Better than ever at age six.
3. Ciao Bella – Looks to be peaking, can she carry her Gulfstream form elsewhere?
4. Authenticity – Backed up her huge effort on Oaks day with another solid showing in the Ogden Phipps.
5. On Fire Baby – Has come back for her 4-year-old campaign much improved; could be setting up for a big time year.
Sleeper: Summer Applause – Looks to be rounding into top form for trainer Chad Brown.
3 Year Old Males
1. Oxbow – Proved best and definitely toughest through the Triple Crown season.
2. Orb – We overrated him, but we also shouldn’t count him out.
3. Palace Malice – Could he be the a late bloomer much like his father Curlin. Summer could prove big for him.
4. Verrazano – He’s back in big way! A huge summer campaign could put him land him on top in this division.
5. Normandy Invasion – He proved in the Kentucky Derby that he’s got the talent…now he needs a victory. He has just one career win.
Sleeper: Mylute – His consistent efforts land him here, but like Normandy Invasion he needs a win!
3 Year Old Females
1. Princess or Sylmar – She won the race everyone was calling “The Race of the Year” so how could she not be number one at this point?
2. Beholder – Looked like the winner until deep in the stretch of the Oaks; showed her class off once again.
3. Unlimited Budget – Did not embarrass herself in the Belmont, needs to run and win against fillies now.
4. Midnight Lucky – She needed the distance cutback, and fired a HUGE race in the Acorn.
5. Fiftyshadesofhay – Made it two in a row with a nice win in the Iowa Oaks.
Sleeper: Close Hatches – Easily defeated the now overrated Dreaming of Julia in the Mother Goose.
1. Fast Bullet – Finally got to see him do his thing on the big stage. Exceptional race in the True North.
2. Groupie Doll – This fast lady is back on the workout tab. Gearing up for a summer/fall campaign.
3. Delaunay – Not ready to give up on him yet, but was beaten fair and square in Iowa
4. Gentleman’s Bet – Up and comer in the division looked awfully good in the Iowa Sprint
5. Justin Phillip – Old timer still running huge races. Thought his True North was exceptional, just overshadowed by stable mate.
Sleeper: Centralinteligence – If he can repeat his Triple Bend effort, he’ll be a force.