Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2021 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my latest vote in the NTRA Top 10 Poll
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. Here’s what my latest Top 10 poll looked like:
There’s a reason we’re the #1 trusted source for premium racing picks & info.
1. Knicks Go – The big gray horse is back on top after a fantastic effort in the Whitney Stakes (G1).
2. Maxfield – He showed a lot running second against a tough group in the Whitney Stakes (G1).
3. Silver State – His win streak came to an end at 6, but he was still solid in the Whitney Stakes (G1).
4. Domestic Spending – A lack of pace really hurt him in his recent loss at Arlington Park in the Mister D. Stakes (G1).
5. Mystic Guide – He stubbed his toe in the Suburban Handicap (G2), and now he’s out for the year after having surgery to remove a bone chip. We won’t know for a while if he’ll ever return to racing or simply retire.
Sleeper: Tripoli – A win in the Pacific Classic (G1) earned him a spot in the Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1).
1. Letruska – Wow, she was fantastic once again in her Fleur de Lis Stakes (G2) romp. She is clearly the top horse in this division.
2. Monomoy Girl – She lost nothing in defeat; however, she is currently at the farm with some muscle soreness. She is reportedly targeting the Cigar Mile (G1) in December for her return.
3. Shedaresthedevil – She went out west and took home the Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (G1) at Del Mar.
4. Swiss Skydiver – Her Whitney Stakes (G1) effort wasn’t great; however, she should move forward off of that effort.
5. Gamine – Baffert’s sensational sprinter is back into the rankings as she points to the Ballerina Stakes (G1) at Saratoga.
Sleeper: Bell’s the One – This horse just keeps getting better, with her latest victory coming in the Honorable Miss Stakes (G2) at Saratoga.
1. Essential Quality – Despite a wide trip, he still was able to win the Jim Dandy Stakes (G2), which should be a useful prep for the Travers Stakes (G1).
2. Jackie’s Warrior – He might be the best sprinter in the country after his ultra-impressive Amsterdam Stakes (G2) victory.
3. Hot Rod Charlie – He ran way too well to end up being disqualified in the Haskell Stakes (G1) and is now aiming at the Pennsylvania Derby (G1).
4. Mandaloun – This might be the luckiest horse in the world. He was named the winner of the Haskell Stakes (G1), plus he’ll be named the winner of the Kentucky Derby (G1) someday…maybe…right? He’s reportedly out for the year with a sore foot, however.
5. Rombauer – The Preakness Stakes (G1) winner backed up that big effort with a solid third in the Belmont Stakes (G1). However, he’s now off for the rest of the year.
Sleeper: Midnight Bourbon – Draw a line through his Haskell Stakes (G1) effort after clipping heels with Hot Rod Charlie, but he’s still maybe just a cut below the best. We’ll see him this weekend in the Travers Stakes (G1).
1. Malathaat – She returned to the winner’s circle in a big way, taking home the Alabama Stakes (G1) in stylish fashion.
2. Search Results – Her Test Stakes (G1) performance was just average and she’s now off for the rest of the year.
3. Bella Sofia – She showed up in a big way, dominating the Test Stakes (G1) by multiple lengths.
4. Clairiere – She’s simply not as good as the top horses in this division; however, she shows up and tries every time.
5. Army Wife – After 2 nice stakes wins, she shipped to Saratoga and put up a solid effort in the Alabama Stakes (G1), finishing third.
Sleeper: Maracuja – Her Coaching Club American Oaks (G1) was strong enough to keep her mentioned within this division.
1. Jackie’s Warrior – They’ll be hard-pressed to beat this 3-year-old anywhere, anytime if he repeats his monster Amsterdam Stakes (G2) performance.
2. C Z Rocket – Even though he’s lost 2 in a row, he still has an impressive resume and has shown consistency.
3. Dr. Schivel – This horse keeps improving with each race, taking home the Bing Crosby Stakes (G1) at Del Mar in his last start.
4. Flagstaff – He ran well once again in the True North Stakes (G2), finishing second to Firenze Fire.
5. Whitmore – He’s failed to win this season; however, he has been very consistent.
Sleeper: Yaupon – He returned to the races with a big win at Pimlico that should lead to a start against tougher next time out.
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with NFL… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Oaklawn Park’s… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
A winner in all 3 starts to date, Miss Code… Read More
Nothing Like You won the 2023 Starlet Stakes (G2) at… Read More
Vinny from Real Dynasty Picks gives his horse racing best… Read More
Let’s get another big Saturday of racing kicked off today!… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!