Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2021 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my latest vote in the NTRA Top 10 Poll
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. Here’s what my latest Top 10 poll looked like:
Did you know active subscribers receive our Inside Track wagering guides absolutely FREE? Subscribe today and be the first to receive our upcoming MONSTER wagering guide to the 2023 Breeders’ Cup!
1. Knicks Go – The big gray horse is back on top after a fantastic effort in the Whitney Stakes (G1).
2. Maxfield – He showed a lot running second against a tough group in the Whitney Stakes (G1).
3. Silver State – His win streak came to an end at 6, but he was still solid in the Whitney Stakes (G1).
4. Domestic Spending – A lack of pace really hurt him in his recent loss at Arlington Park in the Mister D. Stakes (G1).
5. Mystic Guide – He stubbed his toe in the Suburban Handicap (G2), and now he’s out for the year after having surgery to remove a bone chip. We won’t know for a while if he’ll ever return to racing or simply retire.
Sleeper: Tripoli – A win in the Pacific Classic (G1) earned him a spot in the Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1).
1. Letruska – This horse has turned into an absolute beast, with her lastest victory coming in the Personal Ensign Stakes (G1) at Saratoga.
2. Gamine – They’ll be hard pressed to beat her in sprint races. She was dominate once again in the Ballerina Stakes (G1).
3. Monomoy Girl – She lost nothing in defeat; however, she is currently at the farm with some muscle soreness. She is reportedly targeting the Cigar Mile (G1) in December for her return.
4. Shedaresthedevil – She went out west and took home the Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (G1) at Del Mar.
5. Royal Flag – She’s developing into a pretty solid female runner; however, she is a cut below the top few in her division.
Sleeper: Bell’s the One – This horse just keeps getting better, with her latest victory coming in the Honorable Miss Stakes (G2) at Saratoga.
Essential Quality Game As Can Be Outdueling Midnight Bourbon In Travers
1. Essential Quality – This horse just knows how to get the job done. He won his third straight with another great performance in the Travers Stakes (G1).
2. Jackie’s Warrior – He’s one of the best sprinters we’ve seen in a long time within the 3-year-old ranks.
3. Hot Rod Charlie – He ran way too well to end up being disqualified in the Haskell Stakes (G1) and is now aiming at the Pennsylvania Derby (G1).
4. Midnight Bourbon – Just call him Mr. Consistent. He ran too good to lose in the Travers Stakes (G1) but just couldn’t hold off Essential Quality.
5. Life Is Good – Wow, what a return effort in the Allen Jerkens Stakes (G1), even if he did finish second. This guy is back in a big way and it’s exciting to see.
Sleeper: Medina Spirit – It’s weird to call him a sleeper, but he’s back on the radar after a nice win in the Shared Belief Stakes.
1. Malathaat – She returned to the winner’s circle in a big way, taking home the Alabama Stakes (G1) in stylish fashion.
2. Search Results – Her Test Stakes (G1) performance was just average and she’s now off for the rest of the year.
3. Bella Sofia – She showed up in a big way, dominating the Test Stakes (G1) by multiple lengths.
4. Clairiere – She’s simply not as good as the top horses in this division; however, she shows up and tries every time.
5. Army Wife – After 2 nice stakes wins, she shipped to Saratoga and put up a solid effort in the Alabama Stakes (G1), finishing third.
Sleeper: Maracuja – Her Coaching Club American Oaks (G1) was strong enough to keep her mentioned within this division.
1. Jackie’s Warrior – They’ll be hard pressed to beat this horse if he shows up with his best effort. He is a monster in one-turn races.
2. Life Is Good – They might stretch him out in distance, but this horse is an elite sprinter if they choose to take that route with him.
3. Yaupon – He picked up his first Grade 1 victory in the Forego Stakes (G1), defeating Firenze Fire despite getting savaged down the stretch.
4. Ginobili – He’s on the scene after an impressive win in the Pat O’Brien Stakes (G2) at Del Mar. He seems to love that track, a big deal considering the Breeders’ Cup will be held there this season.
5. Flagstaff – His return to the races was pretty solid and he should improve next time out, which will have him right there in the mix with this group.
Sleeper: Beau Liam – Trainer Steve Asmussen has yet another monster. This one is 3 for 3 and earned a 107 Beyer in his allowance win at Saratoga.
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s Remsen… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Friday’s $600,000… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Remsen Stakes (G2) from Aqueduct, then… Read More
Vinny from Real Dynasty Picks gives his horse racing best… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Hollywood Derby (G1) from Del Mar,… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!