1. Shared Belief – He still sits atop this division because no other horse can string together consecutive wins.
2. California Chrome – Most likely out for the remainder of 2015 which is yet another major blow to this already fragile division.
3. Honor Code – He has limitations, but as a deep closer running at middle distances he’s been amazing.
4. Noble Bird – Ran a terrific race in the Stephen Foster to hold off a fairly sharp effort from Lea. Could be a rising star in the division.
5. Lea – Has finished second three straight times, but all three have come against top notch competition.
Sleeper: Coach Inge – Won the Brooklyn, and then ran a tremendous race in the Suburban Handicap.
1. Beholder – Finally came back to the track and was tremendous! Really hoping she can stay healthy the rest of the year.
2. Untapable – Doesn’t look to be the same filly as last year, but hopefully Asmussen gets her right
3. Stopchargingmaria – She never is impressive, but she just keeps winning races. No match for the top three though.
4. Wedding Toast – Consistent runner took down Untapable last time out.
5. Stephanie’s Kitten – Division is just a mess right now so I went with a turf horse here.
Sleeper: Frivolous – Just keeps getting better and runs really well at Churchill Downs. Can she run well outside of that track?
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – “American Pharoah is finally the one! American Pharoah has won the Triple Crown!”
2. Dortmund – Was undefeated coming into the Triple Crown races, and didn’t embarrass himself in either race.
3. Frosted – Would have been a Belmont winner in a good number of other runnings…just born in the same year as a freak!
4. Firing Line – He’s out fro the remainder of the year which is really sad to hear.
5. Carpe Diem – Hoping for a big summer campaign.
Sleeper: Speighster – Defeated Texas Red easily this weekend in the Dwyer Stakes. How far can he go, and where will we see him next?
3 Year Old Female
1. Lady Eli – An amazing performance as she destroyed the field in the Belmont Oaks. Terrible news that she now has laminitis…future is in question.
2. I’m a Chatterbox – Owns a win over Lovely Maria, and ran very well in the Kentucky Oaks. Might like a little shorter races in the future.
3. Lovely Maria – Surely she’ll run better than that Delaware Oaks disaster next time out. Give her a slight pass for now, but better find her form soon.
4. Curalina – Could be the best filly in the country on dirt after that impressive Acorn win. Aiming for Saratoga as of now.
5. Stellar Wind – Very courageous effort at Santa Anita to win the Summertime Oaks. Could be ready for a big second half of the year.
Sleeper: Include Betty – Mother Goose effort was visually impressive, but none of the top horses in this group were there.
1. Secret Circle – Awesome win in Dubai…horse is a warrior.
2. Salutos Amigos – Stellar comeback tells me he’s ready for a huge summer campaign.
3. Private Zone – Super consistent…brings his front running speed every single time.
4. Masochistic – Simply awesome performance in the Triple Bend at Santa Anita. Ran a solid field off their feet.
5. Work All Week – Wouldn’t give up on him yet. Ran a better race in the Smile Sprint than you might think.
Sleeper: Rock Fall – Needs to prove it to us a few more times, but the horses he beat are coming back to run very well.