Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2020 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my last vote in the NTRA Top 10 Poll:
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. After a great weekend of racing, the Top 10 has changes a bit. Here’s what my latest Top 10 poll looked like:
1. Tom’s d’Etat – His Stephen Foster Stakes (G2) win was easily the most impressive that we’ve seen all year from this division.
2. Maximum Security – We haven’t seen him since his big Saudi Cup (G1) win, but he’s reportedly training well for new trainer Bob Baffert.
3. Mucho Gusto – The Pegasus World Cup (G1) was his best career race by a wide margin.
4. Zulu Alpha – He was on fire at Gulfstream Park in the winter, where he won the Pegasus World Cup Turf (G1).
5. Code of Honor – The Met Mile (G1) was just a bit short for him, but he didn’t embarrass himself with a third-place effort.
Sleeper: By My Standards – He was unable to repeat his impressive Oaklawn Handicap (G2) victory when losing the Stephen Foster Stakes (G2) to the division leader.
1. Midnight Bisou – She showed her class with a complete romp in the Fleur de Lis (G2) at Churchill Downs.
2. Monomoy Girl – She’s back and looking as good as ever after defeating allowance company at Churchill Downs, her first start in 18 months.
3. Ce Ce – After a tremendous effort to win the Apple Blossom Stakes (G1), she ran a disappointing third in the Santa Maria Stakes (G2) last time out.
4. Dunbar Road – She looked sharp in her 2020 debut, winning the Shawnee Stakes at Churchill Downs.
5. She’s a Julie – A big win in the Ogden Phipps Stakes (G1) put her back into the conversation in this loaded division.
Sleeper: Point of Honor – When she finally runs in longer races, she will be tough to hold off down the stretch.
1. Tiz the Law – He left little doubt in the Belmont Stakes (G1) with a convincing 3 3/4-length victory.
2. Honor A. P. – An impressive Santa Anita Derby (G1) triumph has him just a hair below the top spot.
3. Authentic – A strong runner-up effort in the Santa Anita Derby (G1) still has him in the mix.
4. King Guillermo – He backed up his impressive Tampa Bay Derby (G2) win with a runner-up effort in the Arkansas Derby (G1).
5. Dr Post – He proved his class with a solid second-place showing in the Belmont Stakes (G1).
Sleeper: Uncle Chuck – A big win in the Los Alamitos Derby (G3) has him in the conversation as we move forward.
1. Swiss Skydiver – She added the Santa Anita Oaks (G2) to her already-impressive resume.
2. Gamine – Her Acorn Stakes (G1) performance was one of the best that we’ve seen in this division over the last few years.
3. Tonalist’s Shape – She has only one flaw on her resume after reeling off win after win at Gulfstream Park.
4. Venetian Harbor – She was second in the Fantasy Stakes (G2) while putting forth a solid effort.
5. Finite – Her five-race win streak snapped last time out in the Fair Grounds Oaks (G2).
Sleeper: Bonny South – Her upset Fair Grounds Oaks (G2) victory was a really solid showing.
1. Vekoma – He earned the top spot with a monster effort in the Met Mile (G1) over a tremendous field.
2. Volatile – This may be the next superstar sprinter for Asmussen after his ultra-impressive victory in the Aristides Stakes (G3).
3. Whitmore – He earned his spot in the rankings after an impressive Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (G3) victory at Oaklawn Park.
4. McKinzie – His total dud in the Met Mile (G1) was unexpected, to say the least.
5. New York Central – His Saudi Cup Sprint victory was very impressive.
Sleeper: Shancelot – It will be interesting to see if he can still be effective under new trainer Steve Asmussen.
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
The Racing Dudes take a closer look and dish out… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss the latest updates for… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude go through their brackets in a… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Louisiana Derby (G2) from Fair Grounds,… Read More
Let’s get another big Thursday of racing kicked off today!… Read More
Each week, this important article will provide the standings, power… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Purple Martin Stakes from Oaklawn Park,… Read More
Magic previews the 2023 UAE Derby (G2) from Meydan Racecourse… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!