Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2020 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my last vote in the NTRA Top 10 Poll:
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. Here’s what my latest Top 10 poll looked like:
1. Tom’s d’Etat – His Stephen Foster Stakes (G2) win was easily the most impressive that we’ve seen all year from this division.
2. Maximum Security – It wasn’t flashy, but he’s back in the picture after a hard-fought victory in the San Diego Handicap (G2).
3. Zulu Alpha – After a brief freshening, he came back as strong as ever with an impressive victory in the Elkhorn Stakes (G2).
4. Mucho Gusto – The Pegasus World Cup (G1) was his best career race by a wide margin.
5. Code of Honor – The Met Mile (G1) was just a bit short for him, but he didn’t embarrass himself with a third-place effort.
Sleeper: By My Standards – He was unable to repeat his impressive Oaklawn Handicap (G2) victory when losing the Stephen Foster Stakes (G2) to the division leader.
1. Midnight Bisou – She showed her class with a complete romp in the Fleur de Lis (G2) at Churchill Downs.
2. Rushing Fall – She is now a Grade 1 winner at ages 2 through 5 after capturing the Jenny Wiley Stakes (G1).
3. Monomoy Girl – She is now 2-for-2 on the comeback trail after easily taking home the Ruffian Stakes (G2).
4. Dunbar Road – She has looked sharp in both 2020 starts, including the Delaware Handicap (G2) last time out.
5. Ce Ce – After a tremendous effort to win the Apple Blossom Stakes (G1), she ran a disappointing third in the Santa Maria Stakes (G2) last time out.
Sleeper: Point of Honor – When she finally runs in longer races, she will be tough to hold off down the stretch.
1. Tiz the Law – He left little doubt in the Belmont Stakes (G1) with a convincing 3 3/4-length victory.
2. Honor A. P. – An impressive Santa Anita Derby (G1) triumph has him just a hair below the top spot.
3. Authentic – It was close, but he held on to win the Haskell Stakes (G1) to secure his place in the Kentucky Derby (G1) AND Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) starting gates.
4. Art Collector – His Blue Grass Stakes (G2) victory stamped him as a prime division contender.
5. King Guillermo – He backed up his impressive Tampa Bay Derby (G2) win with a runner-up effort in the Arkansas Derby (G1).
Sleeper: Uncle Chuck – A big win in the Los Alamitos Derby (G3) has him in the conversation as we move forward.
1. Swiss Skydiver – She is still the top horse in this division after finishing a strong second against the boys in the Blue Grass Stakes (G2).
2. Gamine – Her Acorn Stakes (G1) performance was one of the best that we’ve seen in this division over the last few years.
3. Speech – She showed up with a career-best performance to win the Ashland Stakes (G1).
4. Shedaresthedevil – This ultra-consistent filly destroyed her competition in the Indiana Oaks (G3).
5. Paris Lights – She earned a massive win at Saratoga in the Coaching Club American Oaks (G1).
Sleeper: Tonalist’s Shape – She ran a dud in the Coaching Club American Oaks (G1) at Saratoga, but she still has a strong resume.
1. Vekoma – He earned the top spot with a monster effort in the Met Mile (G1) over a tremendous field.
2. Volatile – He looked like a monster in the Vanderbilt Handicap (G1), defeating tough horses in gate-to-wire fashion.
3. Whitmore – Once again, he put up a great effort, finishing second in the Vanderbilt Handicap (G1).
4. McKinzie – His total dud in the Met Mile (G1) was unexpected, but he reportedly lost both right-side shoes, so we’ll give him a slight pass.
5. New York Central – His Saudi Cup Sprint victory was very impressive.
Sleeper: Shancelot – It will be interesting to see if he can still be effective under new trainer Steve Asmussen.
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s Remsen… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Advent Stakes from Oaklawn Park, then… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Ring the Bell Stakes from Oaklawn… Read More
Repole Stable’s Grade 2-placed Noted, well-beaten by stablemate Fierceness in… Read More
Cash is King and LC Racing’s Disco Ebo will look… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!