1. Wise Dan – The best horse in training right at the moment…can anyone defeat him on the turf?
2. Game on Dude – Has obviously rebounded from his poor 2012 BC Classic performance. Look to be getting better with age.
3. Graydar – Sidelined with injury for the Fall/Spring…will return this Summer at Saratoga. Serious horse if he comes back running strong.
4. Point of Entry – Would have loved to see him run against Wise Dan on Derby day; hopefully we see that match up down the road.
5. Cyber Secret – Crushed at Oaklawn, and ran well enough at CD even though he was DQ’d.
Sleeper: Successful Dan – He came back in a big way…now can he FINALLY stay healthy?
1. Royal Delta – On another level right now when she runs within her division.
2. Ciao Bella – Looks to be peaking, can she carry her Gulfstream form elsewhere?
3. Authenticity – Ran a HUGE race to at CD on Oaks day, could also be peaking.
4. On Fire Baby – Has come back for her 4-year-old campaign much improved; could be setting up for a big time year.
5. Joyful Victory – Being freshened right now. Her 2013 campaign has easily been the best she’s ran in her career.
Sleeper: Tiz Miz Sue – Almost was able to run down On Fire Baby last time out despite a tough trip…can compete with anyone in the division.
3 Year Old Males
1. Orb – Kentucky Derby win gives him the clear edge.
2. Revolutionary – Two Derby prep victories plus a solid 3rd place Derby effort land him in this spot.
3. Normandy Invasion – He proved in the Kentucky Derby that he’s got the talent…now he needs a victory. He has just one career win.
4. Will Take Charge – Won two Derby prep races just like Revolutionary, and had a legitimate excuse in the Derby. He’s improving big time…
5. Oxbow – Very tough horse may lack the talent, but gives you an honest effort every time. Will get another shot in the Preakness.
Sleeper: Golden Soul – He has to prove the Derby wasn’t a fluke…will easily make the list with a repeat performance.
3 Year Old Females
1. Princess or Sylmar – She won the race everyone was calling “The Race of the Year” so how could she not be number one at this point?
2. Dreaming of Julia – Obviously got a disastrous trip in the Oaks; hope she comes back in good order next time out.
3. Beholder – Looked like the winner until deep in the stretch of the Oaks; showed her class off once again.
4. Unlimited Budget – Very solid third place effort in the Oaks. She looks like one that’s going to fire every time out.
5. Kauai Katie – She’s a sprinting machine!! Can anyone beat her going short?
Sleeper: Closed Hatches – Probably deserves a mulligan, she’s better than what she showed in the Oaks.
1. Delaunay – He could be the fastest horse in the world!
2. Groupie Doll – And she’s the fastest lady in the world!
3. Trinniberg – He hasn’t been on the type of footing he needs yet this year…will rebound.
4. Fast Bullet – If they can keep him healthy and get him in form this one could be a freak.
5. Justin Phillip – The old guy has put together two great races at Oaklawn, can he beat the big boys this Summer?
Sleeper: Smiling Tiger – Has kind of been forgotten, still has class and talent.