Check out all the latest podcasts including The Magic Mike Show and Blinkers Off
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the first 2020 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my last vote in the NTRA Top 10 Poll:
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the last NTRA Top 10 Poll of the season. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. With the year now almost half over, we’ve started to get a good feel for the top horses in the country. Here’s what my last Top 10 poll looked like:
1. Maximum Security – His Saudi Cup (G1) win lands him at the top, despite the drama with his former trainer.
2. Mucho Gusto – The Pegasus World Cup (G1) was his best career race by a wide margin.
3. Zulu Alpha – He was on fire at Gulfstream Park in the winter, where he won the Pegasus World Cup Turf (G1).
4. Tom’s d’Etat – An impressive 2020 debut win in the Oaklawn Mile Stakes has him looking great heading into the summer.
5. By My Standards – He’s now 2-for-2 this year after an impressive victory in the Oaklawn Handicap (G2).
Sleeper: Warrior’s Charge – A win in the Razorback Handicap (G3) and a near-miss in the Oaklawn Handicap (G2) showed that he is legit.
1. Midnight Bisou – She finds herself on top of this division again after a runner-up effort against males in the Saudi Cup (G1).
2. Ce Ce – A tremendous effort to win the Apple Blossom Stakes (G1) has her primed to take the top spot.
3. Monomoy Girl – She’s back and looking as good as ever after defeating allowance company at Churchill Downs in her first race in 18 months.
4. Dunbar Road – She looked sharp in her 2020 debut, winning the Shawnee Stakes at Churchill Downs.
5. Ollie’s Candy – She lost the Apple Blossom Stakes (G1) by just a nose after setting fast fractions.
Sleeper: Point of Honor – She is one to watch as the distances get longer this summer.
1. Nadal – He’s the top dog for now after back-to-back wins at Oaklawn Park, including the Arkansas Derby (G1).
2. Tiz the Law – His Gulfstream Park dominance was capped off with a win in the Florida Derby (G1).
3. Charlatan – He’s a perfect 3-for-3 after taking home the Arkansas Derby (G1) last time out.
4. Maxfield – He returned impressively to win his 2020 debut in the Matt Winn Stakes (G3).
5. Authentic – He’s a perfect 3-for-3 so far, with his latest triumph coming in the San Felipe Stakes (G2).
Sleeper: Honor A. P. – He could be the one to beat as the distances get longer.
1. Swiss Skydiver – She has proven to be the top filly in this class after two impressive victories against top-notch company.
2. Tonalist’s Shape – She has only one flaw on her resume after reeling off win after win at Gulfstream Park.
3. Venetian Harbor – She was second in the Fantasy Stakes (G2) while putting forth a solid effort.
4. Finite – Her five-race winning streak was snapped last time out in the Fair Grounds Oaks (G2).
5. Donna Veloce – She looked great in her 2020 debut, but she will miss some time after a minor injury.
Sleeper: Bonny South – Her upset Fair Grounds Oaks (G2) victory was a really solid showing.
1. Whitmore – He earned the top spot after an impressive Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (G3) victory at Oaklawn Park
2. Mind Control – He’s 2-for-2 this year, with his latest victory coming in the Tom Fool Handicap (G3).
3. Shancelot – It will be interesting to see if he can still be effective under new trainer Steve Asmussen.
4. New York Central – His Saudi Cup Sprint victory was very impressive.
5. Vekoma – He returned a winner in his 2020 debut, winning the Sir Shackleton Stakes at Gulfstream Park.
Sleeper: Flagstaff – With a bettor trip, he could have won the Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (G3) last time out.
The Racing Dudes recap preview the Road to the Kentucky… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview and give their tickets… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys review the weekend’s Kentucky Derby… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview this weekend’s three 100-point Kentucky Derby… Read More
HOT SPRINGS, AR – Perhaps no horse in trainer Steve… Read More
LEXINGTON, KY – Fern Circle Stables and Three Chimneys Farm’s… Read More
HOT SPRINGS, AR – The third straight showdown between local… Read More
We officially closed the Kentucky Derby (G1) trail with the… Read More
It’s the Sunday after the Arkansas Derby Day and there… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Be the first to access our daily free and premium picks, articles, podcasts, and more!