Check out all the latest podcasts including The Magic Mike Show and Blinkers Off
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2021 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my latest vote in the NTRA Top 10 Poll:
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. Here’s what my latest Top 10 poll looked like:
(PLEASE NOTE: No Bob Baffert horses will be ranked based on what they have done BEFORE May 7th. I will rank Baffert horses when they prove themselves AFTER that date. So far, none have shown to be deserving.)
There’s a reason we’re the #1 trusted source for premium racing picks & info.
1. Mystic Guide – His 2 wins this year were both extremely impressive. He’ll head into the summer as the division leader.
2. Knicks Go – His big Pegasus World Cup (G1) victory put him in position to move up the ranks with a big second half of the year.
3. Colonel Liam – He’s been incredible on the turf this year, winning 3 big stakes.
4.Silver State – The Steve Asmussen trainee has won 5 straight, including 3 straight stakes at Oaklawn Park.
5. Domestic Spending – He’s one to watch moving forward after dead-heating with Colonel Liam in the Old Forrester Bourbon Stakes (G1) at Churchill Downs.
Sleeper: Maxfield – He’s been amazing this year, except for one poor effort in the Santa Anita Handicap (G1).
1. Letruska – She earned her way to the top spot after defeating Monomoy Girl in the Apple Blossom Handicap (G1).
2. Monomoy Girl – She lost nothing in defeat; however, she is currently at the farm with some muscle soreness. Will she be back?
3. Shedaresthedevil – She’s won 2 in a row this year, including defeating Letruska in the Azeri Stakes (G3).
4. Swiss Skydiver – Look for her to bounce back after a poor showing in the Apple Blossom Handicap (G1).
5. Kimari – This filly is tough to beat when sprinting on dirt.
Sleeper: Valiance – The 2020 Breeders’ Cup Distaff (G1) runner-up finisher should be ready for a big 2021 once she returns to the track.
1. Essential Quality – A poor trip cost him the Kentucky Derby (G1), but he still looks like the best horse in the crop at this time.
2. Rombauer – His Preakness Stakes (G1) win was far and away the best performance from a 3-year-old male this season.
3. Hot Rod Charlie – He’s been one of the crop’s most consistent horses this year.
4. Mandaloun – He’ll likely be the Kentucky Derby (G1) winner in a few weeks once Median Spirit is disqualified.
5. Midnight Bourbon – He always shows up with a big effort, no matter who he faces.
Sleeper: Known Agenda – The rail did him no favors in the Kentucky Derby (G1). He could rebound with a big second half.
1. Malathaat – She’s the clear division leader in the division and the Belmont Stakes (G1) sounds like a major possibility for her next start.
2. Search Results – She proved her worth with a great runner-up performance in the Kentucky Oaks (G1).
3. Will’s Secret – She’s had a great season, winning 2 stakes and finishing a solid third in the Kentucky Oaks (G1).
4. Travel Column – Look for her to bounce back after a poor Kentucky Oaks (G1) effort.
5. Clairiere – This filly has shown great consistency this year and always shows up with the same type of effort.
Sleeper: Gift List – This up-and-coming turf filly could have a big say in that division this summer.
1. C Z Rocket – His 2 wins at Oaklawn Park were impressive, especially considering he defeated Whitmore both times.
2. Mischevious Alex – This horse was an absolute monster to start the season. We’ll see him next in the Met Mile (G1).
3. Flagstaff – The horse that had trouble winning races earlier in his career has now won back-to-back graded stakes.
4. Whitmore – The 2020 Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) champion hasn’t won yet this season, but he’s shown up with great efforts in all 3 tries.
5. Firenze Fire – He returned a winner last time out at Belmont Park, a track he absolutely loves.
Sleeper: Jackie’s Warrior – This is the best 3-year-old sprinter heading into the summer.
The Racing Dudes unpack last Saturday’s controversial $1 million Haskell… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview and give their tickets… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss what they learned from… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview the $1 million TVG.com Haskell Stakes… Read More
SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY – Beach Haven Thoroughbreds’ Maracuja, at 14/1… Read More
BALTIMORE, MD – Three Diamonds Farm’s multiple graded stakes winner… Read More
TORONTO, ON – Fox Hill Farm’s Jolie Olimpica bested a… Read More
BALTIMORE, MD – Trainer Juanita Bennett admitted when she saw… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Be the first to access our daily free and premium picks, articles, podcasts, and more!