1. Shared Belief – Sadly he’s out for the year with injury. Will surely be overtaken later on even though he’s been the most brilliant of them all.
2. California Chrome – World traveler is as consistent as they come. Let’s hope they spot him well the remainder of the year.
3. Constitution – Needs to prove he can win outside of Gulfstream, but no denying the strength of his win in the Donn.
4. Honor Code – He has limitations, but as a deep closer running at middle distances he’s been amazing.
5. Main Sequence – Forget about his Dubai disaster…he’ll return to the states and be just fine.
Sleeper: Race Day – Has been awhile since he romped at Oaklawn, but looked like he could beat anywhere when running at the track. Anxious to see him again.
1. Untapable – Clearly not the same horse as last year, but this division is weak. Tried hard to put someone in front of her, and eventually I will.
2. Beholder – Can she stay healthy? It’s been a major problem throughout her career.
3. Don’t Tell Sophia – Don’t forget about her! She was last seen finishing second in the Breeders Cup Distaff, and is targeting that race again.
4. Stopchargingmaria – She never is impressive, but she just keeps winning races. No match for the top three though.
5. Wedding Toast – Consistent runner took down Untapable last time out.
Sleeper: Judy the Beauty – Best sprinter of the bunch.
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – “American Pharoah is finally the one. American Pharoah has won the Triple Crown!”
2. Dortmund – Was undefeated coming into the Triple Crown races, and didn’t embarrass himself in either race.
3. Frosted – Would have been a Belmont winner in a good number of other runnings…just born in the same year as a freak!
4. Firing Line – Total disaster in the Preakness. Hopefully he regroups and runs well because he’s shown a lot of talent.
5. Carpe Diem – He may not be quite right at this time, but he’ll get better this summer.
Sleeper: Upstart – Forget about the Kentucky Derby disaster. He’ll bounce back and win some races.
3 Year Old Female
1. Lovely Maria – Kentucky Oaks winner deserves the spot for now, but I don’t think there is a large gap between her and the others.
2. I’m a Chatterbox – Owns a win over Lovely Maria, and ran very well in the Kentucky Oaks. Might like a little shorter races in the future.
3. Lady Eli – Another solid race from her as she closed fast to win into a pace less type of race.
4. Curalina – Could be the best filly in the country on dirt after that impressive Acorn win. Now just has to prove it against the Jones filly’s.
5. Take Charge Brandi – The two year old champ is back in training, and should fit right in with this group.
Sleeper: Stellar Wind – Terrible trip in the Kentucky Oaks and still finished fourth. Might be thinking turf for her next start.
1. Secret Circle – Awesome win in Dubai…horse is a warrior.
2. Work All Week – Defeated in his comeback effort…his first 6 furlong dirt loss.
3. Salutos Amigos – May have not won in Dubai, but was running incredible before he went over there.
4. Private Zone – When he runs his best race he’s almost impossible to beat.
5. Alsvid – Always has been classy, and now he’s running even better than ever. Defeated Work All Week in a big way in the Aristides Stakes.
Sleeper: Wild Dude – When he brings his “A” game