1. Shared Belief – Sadly he’s out for the year with injury. Will surely be overtaken later on even though he’s been the most brilliant of them all.
2. California Chrome – World traveler is as consistent as they come. Let’s hope they spot him well the remainder of the year.
3. Constitution – Needs to prove he can win outside of Gulfstream, but no denying the strength of his win in the Donn.
4. Race Day – Intrigued to see where he shows up next as he ran two super races at Oaklawn Park. Could be a rising star.
5. Main Sequence – Forget about his Dubai disaster…he’ll return to the states and be just fine.
Sleeper: Wise Dan – Hard to believe you can call him a sleeper, but nobody is talking about him right now. Hopefully he returns to his old form.
1. Untapable – Winner of the Apple Blossom and defending champion of the Breeders Cup Distaff deserves the top spot.
2. Beholder – Can she stay healthy? It’s been a major problem throughout her career.
3. Don’t Tell Sophia – Don’t forget about her! She was last seen finishing second in the Breeders Cup Distaff, and is targeting that race again.
4. Stopchargingmaria – She never is impressive, but she just keeps winning races. No match for the top three though.
5. Gold Medal Dancer – Her win over the number one ranked horse, and her consistency lands her in this spot.
Sleeper: Judy the Beauty – Best sprinter of the bunch.
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – Obviously I don’t need to explain why.
2. Dortmund – Was undefeated coming into the Triple Crown races, and didn’t embarrass himself in either race.
3. Firing Line – Total disaster in the Preakness. Hopefully he regroups and runs well because he’s shown a lot of talent.
4. Frosted – Laying in the weeds waiting to upset the Triple Crown bid of American Pharoah.
5. Carpe Diem – Many people are talking about his stablemate Materiality, but this guy has the better resume.
Sleeper: Upstart – Forget about the Kentucky Derby disaster. He’ll bounce back and win some races.
3 Year Old Females
1. Lovely Maria – Kentucky Oaks winner deserves the spot for now, but I don’t think there is a large gap between her and the others.
2. I’m a Chatterbox – Owns a win over Lovely Maria, and ran very well in the Kentucky Oaks. Might like a little shorter races in the future.
3. Lady Eli – Freak on the turf and still undefeated. Could be ready for a huge summer campaign.
4. Shook Up – Rising star has finished behind the top two in the rankings a couple of times. Could be figuring it all out at the right time for a big summer/fall.
5. Take Charge Brandi – The two year old champ is back in training, and should fit right in with this group.
Sleeper: Stellar Wind – Terrible trip in the Kentucky Oaks and still finished fourth. Might be thinking turf for her next start.
1. Work All Week – Undefeated on a dirt track going 6 furlongs. Simple as that!
2. Secret Circle – Awesome win in Dubai…horse is a warrior.
3. Salutos Amigos – May have not won in Dubai, but was running incredible before he went over there.
4. Private Zone – When he runs his best race he’s almost impossible to beat.
5. Distinctiv Passion – Coming in off a big win in a tough sprint at Santa Anita last weekend.
Sleeper: Wild Dude – When he brings his “A” game he’s as good as any…but doesn’t always bring it.