1. Game On Dude – After his Pacific Classic performance you can’t deny him the top spot anymore!
2. Wise Dan – Runs in the Woodbine Mile this week!
3. Cross Traffic – Skipped the Woodward and will run in the Jockey Club Gold Cup
4. Graydar – Getting closer to a race. Can he make it to the Breeders Cup?
5. Fort Larned – Injury caused him to miss the Woodward…it’s been a tough luck year for him.
Sleeper: Kettle Corn – Game On Dude gets all the attention in California, but Kettle Corn is running well.
1. Royal Delta – No questions now…Royal Delta still rules this division.
2. Tiz Miz Sue – Absolutely sickening that she had to be retired. Was running better than ever.
3. Authenticity – She ran a solid race finishing second in the Personal Ensign, but it’s clear she’s not as good as Royal Delta.
4. Joyful Victory – Her stakes win at Monmouth proves she’s ready for a big second half.
5. On Fire Baby – I won’t give up on her yet. Was put in a tough spot this weekend.
Sleeper: My Miss Aurelia – Has been transferred to Todd Pletcher. Interesting move, will it pay off?
3 Year Old Males
1. Palace Malice – Even with a loss, I thought he may have proved he’s the best in this division. Must win a race or two to keep this spot, which we project he will.
2. Orb – He’s not a “super horse” but he is very solid. Nothing wrong with his Travers finish, but he probably should have won with the trip he got.
3. Will Take Charge – Here is the fast rising star in the division. He’s finally put together back to back races, and his Travers win puts him in the thick of the race.
4. Oxbow – Done for the year which puts him out of the three-year old of the year discussion, but still had a great season.
5. Departing – He’s cleaning up in all the smaller Three Year Old races, can he beat the big boys? Will ever try?
Sleeper: Moreno – It may be too late for him to win the Three Year Old Horse of the Year, but there is no doubt he’s becoming a star.
3 Year Old Females
1. Princess or Sylmar – The best without a single doubt. This race is over.
2. Beholder – She’s back…and she was awesome!
3. Fiftyshadesofhay – This horse is a fighter. Pretty decent race to finish second in the Alabama. Princess of Sylmar; Beholder just better.
4. Midnight Lucky – Unfortunately she will miss the rest of the year, which will cause her to drop some.
5. Close Hatches – Easily defeated the now overrated Dreaming of Julia in the Mother Goose.
Sleeper: Unlimited Budget – Still have to mention her, but she needs to rebound from a poor effort in the CCA Oaks.
1. Reneesgotzip – The males have been a scrambled mess, she assumes the top spot for now.
2. Groupie Doll – Girl power reigns as the former champ is back in form!
3. Justin Phillip – Has been nothing but solid this year.
4. Points Offthebench – Not sure if he can do it twice in a row, but he looked very good in the Bing Crosby.
5. Fast Bullet – Draw a line through his last…he’ll bounce back.
Sleeper: Goldencents – He’s quietly ran two big races. Look out…