1. Game On Dude – After his Pacific Classic performance you can’t deny him the top spot anymore!
2. Wise Dan – Still the one of the best, but with Game On Dude running so well Wise Dan might have to go after him to win the HOY award.
3. Cross Traffic – He’s probable for the Woodward where he could strengthen his name with a big win.
4. Graydar – He has rejoined Pletcher’s Stable at Saratoga, will be looking for a big fall campaign.
5. Fort Larned – Workouts leading up to the Woodward have been strong.
Sleeper: Successful Dan – His Whitney second place effort was solid…now lets see if he can put back to back races together.
1. Royal Delta – No questions now…Royal Delta still rules this division.
2. Tiz Miz Sue – Absolutely sickening that she had to be retired. Was running better than ever.
3. Authenticity – She ran a solid race finishing second in the Personal Ensign, but it’s clear she’s not as good as Royal Delta.
4. Joyful Victory – Her stakes win at Monmouth proves she’s ready for a big second half.
5. On Fire Baby – I won’t give up on her yet. Was put in a tough spot this weekend.
Sleeper: My Miss Aurelia – Has been transferred to Todd Pletcher. Interesting move, will it pay off?
3 Year Old Males
1. Palace Malice – Even with a loss, I thought he may have proved he’s the best in this division. Must win a race or two to keep this spot, which we project he will.
2. Orb – He’s not a “super horse” but he is very solid. Nothing wrong with his Travers finish, but he probably should have won with the trip he got.
3. Will Take Charge – Here is the fast rising star in the division. He’s finally put together back to back races, and his Travers win puts him in the thick of the race.
4. Oxbow – Done for the year which puts him out of the three year old of the year discussion, but still had a great season.
5. Verrazano – The poor performance will drop him some, but all is not lost. This horse is a beast going shorter distances.
Sleeper: Moreno – It may be too late for him to win the Three Year Old Horse of the Year, but there is no doubt he’s becoming a star.
3 Year Old Females
1. Princess or Sylmar – The best without a single doubt. This race is over.
2. Beholder – Wish she’d run again soon. Really nice horse.
3. Fiftyshadesofhay – This horse is a fighter. Pretty decent race to finish second in the Alabama. Princess of Sylmar; Beholder just better.
4. Midnight Lucky – Unfortunately she will miss the rest of the year, which will cause her to drop some.
5. Close Hatches – Easily defeated the now overrated Dreaming of Julia in the Mother Goose.
Sleeper: Unlimited Budget – Still have to mention her, but she needs to rebound from a poor effort in the CCA Oaks.
1. Fast Bullet – He’s pointing for the Forego this Saturday, and has been transferred to D Wayne Lukas
2. Justin Phillip – The old pro looks better than ever. So great to see him win his first Grade 1 stakes.
3. Reneesgotzip – There is a new queen in town! She set the track record at Del Mar last time out.
4. Gentleman’s Bet – He gets a new rider for the Forego: Mike Smith.
5. Sage Valley – Up and comer has really had a nice season.
Sleeper: Trinniberg – Defending sprint champion is still on our radar.